Friday, August 5, 2011

I made a little movie...hope the internet doesn't eat it !


Current Mood : Jittery



You might notice that I've been actually using the stands the newest Monster High dolls have come with. It's funny, because I have the nice MAD stands, they work well with both the ghouls and guys, and structurally, there's no difference between the MH stands from June 2010 and August 2011... but I love the new ones ! Of course, anyone would love Lagoona's character and bed-specific bubble one, it's creative and cute and fun, in or out of the Hydration Station. I also liked that it was colorful but transparent - it added to the fun quotient, but made it less 'HERE I AM !' like most doll stands. 


When Physical Deaducation classroom Ghoulia got deboxed, I noticed her stand was awesome, too. Cherry red, transparent, I found myself wanting to use it. I have a history of using stands without waist or leg clamps - simply using the tall piece as a balance point for the doll's leg or hip or head - and I have a feeling that, the more transparent stands I end up with, the more balancing you're gonna see. I think the new stands are also a bit easier to use, but that could just be my imagination. 


I really love it when the hairbrush is also see-through, but so far, that's been limited to Lagoona. Oh, well. I love what I got, and to actually use the stands that normally get tossed into a box and forgotten...well, that's extra nice in my book. More for yer money !


Got a late start on the video, but I hope to have it finished soon. By the time I got everything set up last night - the table, a clear backdrop, the Station, Lagoona, the tripod, the camera, the batteries, a chair - I was too tired to shoot footage. So when I woke up at 5am this morning, I got it done...but ironically, it may be too dark. (sigh) At least I have three versions to use and cut up. Beloved Hubby says the video editor he and Dearest Son prefer is very intuitive, and I should have no problem with it...but I'm still nervous ! 


And I was really surprised when a UPS truck pulled up to our place yesterday. Wow. The 'Day at the Maul' fashion set I ordered from MattelStore.com was already here ! I just ordered it Wednesday, too. I've even taken the 'mine' photo already !


Well, back to the video mines. Wish me luck with it !

No comments:

Post a Comment