Saturday, August 6, 2011

I still see bubbles when my eyes close...



Current Mood : Satisfied.


It always feels good to do what you always said you would - I'm still reefing a bit on getting the Hydration Station video done, so I've felt good all day. Of course, it helped that I really finished today, by posting it to YouTube and finding some usable music, but heck, I'm just happy I actually followed through and did it. True, it's not much, but it's still better than nothin' !


Lest you think I sat around and did nothin' else all day... well, you'd be close, but I actually had some other fun. Opened up the 'Day at the Maul' set and got it all sorted. I'm still surprised how fast it got here, but that means I get the most time to play with it ! And I love how well Frankie's outfit went with Ghoulia's hair and grey skin. I originally wanted the set for the shoes, because I pretty much knew how good they'd look on Ghoulia, and, like her glasses, I wanted a  few new colors and styles to go with more outfits. She's about the only character who consistently wears sneakers, too. What's funny is, my MH shoe fetish is slowing down, I don't want much anymore. Probably because I already have so much ! 


I'm going to remove some of the plastic 'lightning bolt' bits on several of the clothes items - they really brand this item or that as 'Frankie's', and I don't enjoy that much. I prefer a big box o' doll clothes I can dig through, and pretty much everything in there fits everybody. Sure, this blue plaid will probably look best on Frankie, and these pink hearts are ringers for DLaura, but nothing says only one character's dolls can wear 'em. So when Mattel tries that, I either ignore, remove, or cover the character logo whenever I can. When they went to all the trouble to make nearly everything in the 'Maul' set separates, for mix-and-match fun, it seems silly to turn around and slap character limits on everything. 


After dinner, we all sort of drifted into daydreams and future plans, but I was tripping over the abundance of MH stuff and accessories I'd not yet put away. Took the tripod down and bagged it, got the Hydration Station put back in its former place, tucked boxes out of the way, but within reach. Tomorrow, you'll get a photo of the 'Maul' set paper dolls, and I hope to open the 'locker' Frankie. It's actually been kind of fun having her and Lagoona still in their boxes. It's like having the 'new' around longer. And I always enjoy savoring each new doll all by him/her self for a day or two. Current rumors show the new 'club' outfits displayed at San Diego Comic Con last month are for sale in Germany already, so those of us pining for Ghoulia's comic club or DracuLaura's journalism club clothes may soon get our wishes. And yeah, I've given up whining about stuff appearing in Europe first. Doesn't change anything, doesn't help anyone...heck, if I can see it as a favor from Mattel that I don't need to come up with another $75. next week, everyone'd be happier. So I will. 


Also, there's yet another ruling in the Barbie vs. Bratz case - a federal judge ordered Mattel to fork over $310 Million in damages and other fees to rival MGA. I've also read that their request for a retrial was denied, but not consistently. However, Mattel seems to take a 'wait on the weather ten minutes, it'll change' attitude with their official statement, "Mattel strongly believes that the outcome at the trial level is not supported by the evidence or the law. We remain committed to finding a reasonable resolution to the litigation." Sadly, a quick check of how this muddled mess of a case has gone pretty much supports Mattel's attitude. 


In smaller news - I actually slept last night ! Nearly five hours straight, more or less. I was weary-headed early last night, so I turned in before midnight...and didn't wake up 'til after 5am ! Whoo-hoo ! Now if I can just keep up with some rest and maybe finding food that doesn't taste like ashes, I may be on the way to a quicker recovery. Wish me luck !


And thanks to everyone who already has ! Hugs and cookies to you sweeties !


1 comment:

  1. thanks for posting the video of the Hydration Station! you showed the different settings very well. I like the second setting best I think. I'm going crazy with all the new cute stuff they have coming out. my wallet is crying!

    I also think the paper dolls that came in the fashion set are super cute. I wonder why they haven't put out actual paper doll sets. I guess paper dolls aren't really "in" anymore?

    ReplyDelete