Monday, August 15, 2011

Is it still Luau season over at Dollar Tree ?



Current Mood : Whirled about



As tight-chested and sleep-deprived as I felt this morning, I'd be happy to report that I got one thing done today - the shelf of refrigerated leftovers, which had grown from one to two, I finally purged and tossed. Some of that stuff was over a week old, and with some duplicate treats, getting more dangerous by the day. But standing up, shuffling around, and digging for the ten minutes it took was a challenge before. For some reason, even though I was weak, I got it done today. What a relief !


But that's not all ! Beloved Hubby's been having trouble getting to sleep, so I decided to change our bedding, get the quilts washed up, aired out, and back on before he got home. Even though it's still much too hot to use them as blankets, instead, we use 'em  as sort of a home-made quilt-top for our plain mattress. Adds extra comfort without too much burrow-heat. Took three loads, but I did it - and did a fourth, for work clothes, too. He was home a bit early, but pretty much nose-dived into bed after handing Dearest Son and I small treats, and he's been there snoring ever since. I even had the towels, our clothes, and the socks put away, too. 


Also put the Hydration Station back together, but not without some comedy. I noticed during filming that it had some weird bit of plastic or something in the water chamber, and hoped it'd pour out when it emptied. Nope. There it was, stuck to the dry bottom, unmoving. And everything I could grab that'd fit in the small filling holes - pencils, silverware, torn cardboard - did nothing to dislodge or get it out of there. I figured I'd have to fill it up again and float it out, but I wanted to try one last thing. Grabbed a chopstick I keep for emergencies and wrapped one end in cheap Dollar Tree desk tape, with the semi-sticky side facing out. Kept wrapping until it was a bit longer than needed, and carefully guided it through the larger of the two holes. Where it got stuck several times. Eventually, I got it in there, and it snagged the whatever-it-was perfectly. Yaay ! No more worrying about that. It still has a few wet spots, and I'm not sure if the bottom 'blow holes' are dry or not, so I put it back where it belonged, with the lid off for a couple days. 


I was thinking, though...(everybody run !!) Wouldn't it be fun to tint the water in there ? Or add big confetti pieces ? Long as I could get 'em out when the fun was done, adding some plastic spinning hibiscus flowers to Lagoona's bubbles would be so beautiful... If I ever get to a DTree during Luau Season, I'll have to see what they got. Of course, the confetti would probably blow with the bubbles as soon as it's turned on - then hover at the top for the rest of its time in there ! And I can see how glitter - especially that new powdery kind - could completely destroy the HStation. But it's still fun to imagine other things !


No comments:

Post a Comment