Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Shiny, happy Frankie, sewing stuff...



Current Mood : Too darn tight. 


If anything, both Beloved Hubby and I were even more wiped out today. It ranks that we're both under the weather, but I'm kind of glad it's not just me. We had a major thunderstorm last night, and I was hoping that'd clear the skies, so to speak, but if anything, my chest got tighter. 


Still, I'd enjoyed my brief feeling of accomplishment yesterday, and while I knew I couldn't repeat it today, I decided to get a few things done. Like the sink and other small porcelain necessities in the bathroom. Beloved's shaving excess gets everywhere, but it cleans up quickly enough - and besides, he'd scrubbed the tub for a bath Sunday. I was not about to complain that job was done for me ! So I got the rest more or less clean, including one task I've put off for weeks, and now I feel good about m'self. Still need to sweep in there, and wipe down the tile walls, but it's much nicer in there than it was ! 


Not much else going on - kinda doubting having a Creative Thursday when I'm this wiped out on Tuesday, but things change. Gonna debox my last new doll, the Classroom Lagoona on Friday, because I think a week is long enough of a wait ! I also have to dump out the water in the Hydration Station and take out the rechargeable batteries, they're nearly dead already. And I've barely touched it since the video ! Guess the box was right when it said it needed alkaline. Truthfully, though, I got so wrapped up in that super-simple video, I've barely touched Lagoona, so I'll have her to play with this weekend, too. 


That's when we start thinning the herds, too. Still on the fence about Abbey Bominable, and the only remaining 2011 doll I want is the 'Lagoona 2.0', also known as the 'After School Lagoona', or the 'Hang Loose Lagoona', for her unique right-hand design. But I still have waaaay too many, nearly all bought for exciting little extras in the package. Like the tiny 'stuffed' Watzit and the cracked egg in the most recent sets - genius ! And fun to have in your own collection. Even the boxes have me a bit dizzied up. While I still prefer the original box shape and design, even I have to admit the new ones are fun to look at. 
 

(sigh) At least I got over the 'gotta have 'em all' Pokemon attitude I had earlier this year and last.  It'd drive me nuts gathering the last ones if I hadn't !

1 comment:

  1. for some reason I can't comment on the previous post, but I wanted to say that Ghoulia looks so cute in that Frankie outfit!

    ReplyDelete