Tuesday, August 2, 2011

At last - glasses that fit Ghoulia !



Current Mood : Delighted


Still improving, if only by slight degrees. Slept several hours last night, and stayed awake most of today without fighting or forcing it. It only slightly occurred to me that, without the influx of my usual soda, I'm missing caffeine and sugar - stuff my system seems to really need. The lemonade is providing sugar at least, as are the fruit juices. They tend to coat my throat, though, so I usually alternate each with a glass of water. 


Before I get into raving about the new Ghoulia, her locker, and all her new goodies - and believe me, I will ! - allow me to finish raving about Lagoona and the Hydration Station ! Be amazed when I tell you that Lagoona's leg fins are still attached, without elastics or glue or anything. My first Lagoona's fins wouldn't stay in, so I took 'em off and stored 'em before they got lost. Once they were securely stored, I rarely used them afterwards. Out of sight = out of pictures at Chez Insanity ! 


The Hydration Station still enchants me, so today, I did a test run of taping the lovely colors and bubbles while I had the camera out for Ghoulia's photo shoot. While the footage was much steadier than Dearest Son's, I'm still gonna need the tripod, and evening hours. At 3pm, ya just can't see that much. But I know about what I want to do now, and how to time it, so in the next few days, I may well have made my first Monster High video. 


Sure, there's several review ones out, where kids read the box out loud to you, then show you ten seconds of lights, but mine's just gonna be light / bubble display. It'll be a quiet video, since my voice is still pretty rough. Eventually, I'll be brave and healthy enough to talk, but everything starts small if it wants to grow. 


Now, on to my new Ghoulia ! I'm gonna take my time and photograph everything on these latest dolls, just for fun. After all, it'll be a while before I buy any more. I'm still deciding which dolls I can give up in exchange for another locker - I kinda want an even set of four - along with clothes, shoes, and just one other doll, so ya never know what's next around here ! 


Mattel's done it to me again - my full intent with the 'locker' dolls was to score all the props they're unlikely to sell anywhere else, and sell the dolls. Sound familiar ? - I had the same intent with the 'Dawn of the Dance' initial trio. Too bad I looked into Ghoulia's face - it's so pretty ! Now I really want to keep her, and I don't know if my intent for the other two will work out either. I really have to thin the herds, though. Anyway, this Ghoulia is gorgeous, and I can't stop looking at her. Arrrrgh ! 


Also hard to believe but true is the fact that the two pair of shorts she wears in-packaging are completely separate. You won't even need a seam ripper or scissors to use them separately or together, they stretch to fit. I confess, I saw someone else pair the longer red shorts with the dress, and liked the way it looked - otherwise, I'd have contemplated ditching that dress, since it didn't look like anything special, ya know ? I'm already about halfway convinced to give away Frankie's 'home-sewn' issue dress, simply because I hate it. Frankie's next to be deboxed, but it may be a day or three yet - I'm savoring. 


The booklet, a guide to Physical Deaducation, is the best part, as usual. Witty, silly, and cute, they always add just a perfect touch of fun and sparkle and imagination. Last time I checked, there were several scanned on Flickr and other fan groups, if you're curious and wanna do some minor research. Or you may wanna hold off 'til you have your own, and enjoy it more...


The lockers are the next best thing, ever. The little skull lock opens and closes, which is so darn cute, I can hardly stand it. The little hook in Ghoulia's - for her water bottle - keeps falling out, but that's the only thing I can complain about ! They're just the right scale, and a large raised 'MH' on top allows this locker to fit together with others, since there's a recessed matching 'MH' on bottom. Very nice. And why I want at least four. Darn you, Mattel. The shelf within is placed just right, too. It's like an engineer went in and measured them from the cartoon webisodes. And I am in love ! You'll be seeing a lot of these lockers - especially once I have the fourth one. 


 I haven't played much with Ghoulia's white glasses, since, for the first time, she has a pair that fits great on her now ! Seriously considering snipping a few other pairs, like the My Scene ones, and adding an elastic strap. It certainly made photography much easier ! Her shoes, halfway between her super-hi-top Converse boots and a pair of sneakers, go on and off easily, and look good on her. 


I really have no complaints about the 'locker' series so far, except that it's only made me hungry for more ! And lately, when I have no appetite, that's saying something special.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see that the locker dolls are holding up to the excitement. I saw them in a TRU around here a couple of weeks ago. Still kicking myself for not getting Lagoona, but I really need to figure out a way to store/display before I add more. :-/ I really shouldn't have ordered the SDCC Ghoulia, but I just couldn't help myself.

    glad you're starting to feel better. I worry when you disappear.

    ReplyDelete