Sunday, August 7, 2011

Getting ready for the week...while enjoying the last of the weekend.



Current Mood : Anticipating lots of fun things to do !

Nice, quiet day today. We had off-and-on rain, which was great to hear, and made the whole house feel cooler and more relaxed. I got all the Monster High doll beds back in order on my nightstand, very glad that I didn't want Clawdeen's new bunks. I got no room at all ! Heck, getting my new Lagoona out of her bubble chamber's gonna take a bit of maneuvering. 


Slowly but steadily getting more sleep at night, and needing fewer catnaps (or just plain forcing m'self through) during the afternoon. We're all coughing a bit, but it's not too bad. 


Got my new Frankie deboxed - mostly to get her out of that fugly outfit she came in ! I know the tunic-top is supposed to be reminiscent of an early sewing effort - stripes don't match, hem's not even (or even complete), collar's only on one side, and it's in rather garish colors, but I still hate it. I don't know why Mattel was trying to say it was a dress paired with leggings - either way, it was ugly, and even with more clashing red stitching to approximate seams and pockets, they were still tights. I have no idea if I'll ever use either piece again, which gives me three pairs of tights/leggings I don't like - DracuLaura's yellow and pink polka dot crazies, today's hypnotically ugly wannabe leggings, and the red/black/blue argyle ones in the 'Day at the Maul' clothing set. 


She looks so much more sweet and innocent in the second dress provided - you'll get that photo tomorrow. I've noted that a lot of the 'locker' Frankies have nearly all white hair, or at least, they seem to show up that way on fan photography pages. I'm lucky that the one that Target clerk picked out for me has a great mix of black and white. She looks so adorable ! Very much like the first Frankie, but with bangs. Brushed clear of some minor spray, her hair is very soft and almost cloud-like, but it's not that horrible cotton-candy fluff  'angel hair' Mattel used on a buncha Barbies in the early 90s. Thank Everything. 


I love her shoes, they're not half-and-half down the middle gimmick or anything - they look like real womens' shoes from a nice shop. And the colors coordinate with most of the frequently used MH palette, so they're not relegated to 'just Frankie' footwear. Her apron's cute, but I'm not sure how often she'll use it. The belt on her second dress is much too tight, and may need some stretching. What can I say, I like my waist seam covered. 


Somewhere during the re-dressing, I lost her tiny 'silver' ring. I'm sure it'll turn up in the dustpan sooner or later. I was amazed that I hadn't lost the even smaller turquoise 'bolt' ring that came with the 'Maul' set. Her crafted 'Watzit' stuffie is too cute, and  can't help but love her skullie wrist-pincushion. 


Amazingly, her 'Survial Guide' to Home Eck includes a small pattern - with sewing directions ! Now, this was intriguing. Much too tiny to be a pattern for them, I blew it up to 300%, and did a quick paper-fitting. The directions were waaay too brief, I have no idea how this dress is supposed to fit, and it may be that it's not supposed to fit or even be attempted....but later this week, I'm going to. I need a simple challenge to get me back into the sewing arena, and this looks good. And I got plenty of fabric I haven't put away in a few months, ready to go. 


I'd say , tomorrow !, but I got housework up to my chin waiting, but Creative Thursday's not too far out of the realms of possibility...

No comments:

Post a Comment