Wednesday, August 3, 2011

She's got her eye on you ! Prepare for elimination from The Infirmary !


Current Mood : So sleepy...


I was a *very* bad girl today ! Spoiled to the core, that's me. The only thing that saves me from utter corruption is that I don't feel entitled to it. (grin)


Hot on the heels of getting my birthday present dolls - just two days ago ! - I bought something else. One of the few remaining items on my 2011 Monster High checklist was the "Day at the Maul" fashion set, one of the few clothing-only packages yet released. I fell in love with DracuLaura's outfit, couldn't wait to mix and match the pieces, and you know I loved the shoes. I could see Frankie's sneakers on Ghoulia, and those props made my play-mouth water. It was even reasonably priced, I think. While a three-outfit/three shoes/ prop or two Barbie clothing set tends to run at about $13. (frequently less on sale), the two-outfit / two shoes/ dozens of props MH set had an MSRP of $15. Right where I was hoping it'd be, too. I can't help but think $20. is just too much.


Problem was, I couldn't find it anywhere. Not TRU, not Target, not Mal-Wart. It was available at Angelic Dreamz ($25.) and all over eBay ($20. - $40.), but finding it on retail shelves wasn't happening. And you know me, no way was I gonna pay more than I had to - I was gonna avoid shipping if I could !


Well, sometimes ya can, sometimes ya can't. I looked at splits - where someone buys it, takes what they want and sells the rest - but soon came to the conclusion that I wanted the whole thing, and splits just made it more expensive. That, and everyone else wanted pretty much the exact same bits I wanted !  For some markets, Dead Tired Frankie and DLaura dolls were dressed in the Maul outfits, but again, more expensive, and some props and stuff vanished in translation.


I began to wonder if the Maul set was gonna be like some of the Fashion Avenue outfits back when I could justify paying $6. for a solo Barbie outfit. There were many I only saw on the box back, and I always thought those got cancelled prior to release or something. Nope, they were sold, they just never made it to the doll deserts where I live.


But in this age of internet and online toy shops, I got what I wanted. Heard on LiveJournal's MH group that the Mattel Store had Spectra dolls now, and Abbey Bominable up for pre-order sales, with delivery on or around 10/31. Just $16.99, too. This was great news for those still seeking. And for me, since they also had the Maul set, in-stock, for $15. ! With shipping, and minus a 15% discount code from another member, I could have it...for just $18.73 ! Wow, not much more than retail plus tax around here, and it'd be delivered to the door. No running around looking for it, online or off ! And something to look forward to. Ran it past Beloved, since I was using a few bucks from House Checking, and he gave it his approval. Could have just done it, but it seemed sneaky that way.


Few minutes later, I'd drained PayPal, and knew the rest would get taken from Checking. I'll probably have it in a week or so ! Yippee ! By the time I get the other ghouls deboxed and photographed, I'll have new clothes for them to model. Clawsome.


That leaves me with only one doll still to haunt / hunt, and from what I can tell, the 'hang loose' Lagoona's a rare one. At least, she is right now. There may be a deluge later, or there may never be more, with Mattel, ya can't tell ! Either way, not gonna worry about it. If she becomes available when cash is, wonderful. If not, heck, I already got a ton I gotta go through. I'm just glad to have a break. It'll be Christmas or 2012 before more all-new stuff's out, and even then, all I want's clothes and shoes. It's weird how I still want that when I can and do make my own, but there it is.


In the meanwhile, please continue to enjoy Physical Deaducation Ghoulia, in her 'sports' outfit. This is pretty much what she's packaged in, minus the longer red shorts and with swapped glasses. These new white ones are a vast improvement over other earlier styles - they actually fit and stay on longer than fifteen seconds ! -  but that black 'sports' pair on the elastic band fit her the best, ever. I confess, having two new pair of glasses for her was a major selling point.


It looks like each doll gets the same 'black' sheet of stickers, with a second one of more character-specific ones in matching colors. The doll-size notebook and pen are also included - between the bed playsets and these, I have six total ! Nearly enough to go around, which I like. I also like how her dodgeball has authentic texture, just in miniature. While it's softer than the Casketball, it doesn't bounce, darn it. But when even the tiny water bottle's topped with a miniature black Skullie-shape, the attention to cute detail just sweeps all those other minor whines away. 


Might open Frankie tomorrow, or work on the Hydration Station video. Any preferences ? 

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm not going to be any help with your decision making, but I'm looking forward to both Frankie and the Hydration Station video. I like the way you moved Ghoulia's red undershorts(?) to be with the dress. I like both outfits better this way! and I know you'll enjoy the Day at the Maul fashions when they arrive.

    ReplyDelete