Sunday, April 12, 2015

So long, sling !





Busy Sunday, too. Helped Beloved Hubby with the lawn – turns out we don’t need to buy a mower, it’s small enough for the weed-whacker – and trash, and got to go to Harbor Freight. Finally, I have the power strip I need to run my heart-monitor thingie ! It’s so nice to be off all the restrictions of recovery ! I carried semi-heavy stuff, stretched out with both arms to the soft, sweet breezy sun, and threaded my KJ-machine sitting down. Yesss ! 


Aurora’s sort of iffy crop top was my first trial sewing in the newly rearranged Arena. Worked pretty well, but I still have to try it at night sometime. Only real problem was that yesterday’s afternoon sunlight bounced in through the window behind the machine against my silver sequin tiara and dashed dazzling bright spears of light everywhere. Gave me a bit of a headache, so I had to take it off. Wonder if the blue or the green sequin tiaras would be a little gentler on my eyes…


Anyway, this pattern is also a freebie from Craftsy, a baby doll dress I thought might work as a high-waisted one on several doll body styles. It’ll probably work better on Timey, because it was much too loose on Aurora. I took out a half-inch from the side seams and it can still use some darts. Also a bit shorter than I wanted. So I’ve made my usual on-the-fly alterations and it’s ready for a V 2.0, all cut out and everything.  Coming soon : dark green and lace ! I learned that non-grosgrain ribbon is almost impossible to rip out and try to sew again, so next time I’m experimenting, I’m putting KJ on the widest stitch possible, just in case. 


A quick trip for a few groceries yielded one of the last two Harry Potter movies we don’t have, the one about the wizard prison and the night bus. I love $5. DVDs, you can tell from our collection ! Only one we’re lacking now is the very last one, the part 2. We’ll find it someday…


Monster High : New Ghoul @ School  was in the bin, too. Remember when that was so new and exciting ? Must’ve watched it thirty times. May go back for it. For today, however, I figured that since I stuck to water and tea yesterday, instead of the sodas Beloved offered, I was being good enough to order one of my copyright-violation embroidery designs. Lucky for me, it was one of the least expensive of my favorites, a pretty $2. Luna. Hoping to stitch that out Monday, for a blouse using my new pattern Tuesday, altered perhaps into a tunic or nightie. Design’s too big for a tee. 


Off to the sewing Arena. Wish us all luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment