Friday, April 17, 2015

Just... off.




Had another off day. I had the fabric all laid out, but never motivated m’self to cut it out, much less sew with it. Spent far too much time trying to figure out what I want when our upcoming tax return hits House Checking instead. Beloved Hubby wants to get me a new computer, but I’m rather reluctant. This one’s doing OK, sure it stalls out a couple times a day, and the mouse is on its last whiskers – if I could measure out in miles as far as this poor thing has been made to go, it’d probably register as parsecs ! – and I’ve worn the paint off the ‘A’, ‘S’, ‘D’, N’ and ‘E’ keys, but her screen is still perfect, not one dead pixel yet, and her speakers make everything I like sound awesome. I’d hate to spend a couple hundred on a new one. 


But it’s a non-issue right this minute – rebate ain’t here yet ! – so I pretty much window-shopped all day. I can think of a million things I want when I don’t have money, give me $5. and I’ll kvetch for days how best to spend it. Actually, I think I’d enjoy a new computer chair more than a new computer. 


What I most want is a massive grocery shop ! Fill these cabinets ‘til there’s no more room and we have to start eating it up. Same for the freezer. It’d probably only take about $200. at Aldi’s ! I just feel more secure – and even content -  when the larder is full, I think most of us are like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment