Saturday, February 1, 2014

My Rarities !

Current Notes: Aren't they lovely ? Oh, and White Rabbit ! 




Whoo-hoo ! I blew my spending cash for a while, but I regret *nothing* ! Besides, I about got everything I wanted already. Wheee !


And, as you can see, I finally got the budget Equestria Girls Rarity. So now Pinkamena has a friend, and I have Miss and Little Miss Rarities ! Dearest Son wants me to root a pink streak in her hair and have a custom Sweetie Belle (Rarity’s canon younger sister), but I’m just gonna enjoy her as-is for now. While it’s hard to tell, the Deluxe body also has a molded-on blouse, it’s just plain white, and not painted or used as an actual blouse like the Budget one. More like a lingerie camisole. 


Speaking of our boy, he was feeling OK today, but he’s still got a cold, so our trip to Target was a bit short, but lots of fun. I got him a ‘Get Well Soon’ Fluttershy and a big Rice Krispy Treat, so he had a nice and relaxing afternoon. I knew our local Tar-zhay had the Rarity I wanted, but their website stock-checker said they didn’t have Jane Boolittle. Ah, well, I wasn’t exactly in a hurry to obtain her anyway. Since I mostly only want her to be a human Luna, and I hadn’t decided amongst several options, that was OK with me. Didn’t wanna have all the fun in one day, after all.  


But those stock-checkers are treacherous. For one, the ‘on sale’ Frozen toddler Elsa doll and kid costume dress wasn’t $25. – it was $33 ! And our store only had one. And you wanna know what the upshot is ? Elsa’s face is nearly identical to the Cinderella doll’s ! Here’s a rough comparison – click for details.


And I can tell ya, on the harsh light of retail shelves, Elsa’s chin isn’t nearly that prominent. The eye ‘highlights’ are identical.  Aside from some slight variations on eyelashes and eyebrows, I pretty much already have an Elsa doll. For $1.49 at a thrift shop. How lucky can I be ?!


Pretty darn lucky, actually. Because Targ’ also had one, precisely one, Jane Boolittle. Didn’t even have to look for her, it was like she was waiting for me, angled my way on the highest shelf, slightly impatient expression evident. Or maybe I’m coming down with something. Anyway, I still wasn’t sure about her as Luna, but added her to the cart. To ‘think about it’. (sigh) You get her ‘mine’ photo tomorrow.


We got more cold meds (just in case), cat chow (with bonus moist food freebies!), the mandarin orange fruit cups Beloved Hubby requested, and, though I was thoroughly spoiled this trip already, I got a baggie of the rice cracker trail mix they do so well. At least I didn’t go for the canister of the stuff, I tend to eat m’self sick on it when I do.



Did the math when we got back. I was thinking of ordering Rarity and Jane from Amazon, since, with free shipping, they’d be a bit cheaper. But I’d rather pay an extra 87¢ and have them in-hand than wait and complain for three days. Or more ! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Pintrest tip, I was able to find several patterns that I like! That was one of the places I hadn't thought to look, but with all the great finds there I'm sure now I will be spending a lot more time on that site ;)

    ReplyDelete