Saturday, February 15, 2014

I never dreamed of a deal like that !

Current Notes: It's Cinderella's gown, but from a short distance, the 'C' monogram 
looks like a 'B'. For Belle ! 




Hooray ! My Disney Princess and Me Belle doll shipped, and the seller’s already left me nice feedback. That’s always a good sign in my book. Don’t ask me why I’m so excited about it, it’s not like I haven’t been thinking about getting one for two or three years now, or had full-scale plans to buy a brand-new one at Christmas, but backed down when funds went thin. And there’s my own pangs of guilt  about American Girl-size dolls - I never did anything with the two My Generation clones I got at flea markets, despite having dozens of patterns and ideas waiting – I didn’t like the dolls themselves, but I still feel guilty for even looking at another doll that approximate size. Or that I’ve already figured if I didn’t do much with this one, it wasn’t like I spent big bucks on her. So I don’t know why I’m so hyper, I just am !


Got to keep my promise to Dearest Son, and we were out for his TRU-exclusive My Little Pony Favorite Figures Set  2 shortly after they opened. The store closest to us reported not having any online, but I called, and they had five. Without even asking, they put one aside for him, so sweet. He still lined all five up, and let one ‘speak’ to him. Then, after a lengthy study to make sure eyes were aligned (well, mostly aligned, since this pack has Derpy in it), manes were well-seated, and everyone was who they were supposed to be – no substitutions ! – he was ready to go. But was not against looking around a little…


I hit the MH section, of course. Best stocked I’ve ever seen, with the Frankie and Jackson ‘picnic casket’ set well-numbered… and there wasn’t a darn thing I wanted. Toy Fair is this weekend, as I’m sure you know, and I hope to see some inspiring photos soon, because right now, if it weren’t for Slo Mo, I’d have withdrawn from MH, save for what I already have, long ago. How can you have a line called ‘Zombie Dance’ and not show a Ghoulia ? Or a Slo Mo ? I’m trying not to be bitter…


Also dragged Dearest through the DP&M shelves, which were less than half of a half-gondola. Basically two shelves of dolls, that’s it. He spotted the lone outfit in the back first, the Cinderella nightgown set, marked down from $20. to $13. Still too much. But I wandered back – who knew, maybe it had another markdown, it wouldn’t hurt to shove it under a scanner to know for sure, and if was on clearance, maybe…. From the heft of it, the clothes were packaged as well as the dolls. Same window box, same big size, lots of photos on the back, displayed attractively. Very nice. We looked around some more, at dress-up pigs (?), markdown Valentines, and Star Wars making one more valiant effort, and finally found a scanner. Cindy’s sleepwear was… $1.50, marked down from $2. Whaaaa ? I actually scanned it twice, made sure my eyes weren’t misreading, but Dearest verified it. $1.50. Oh, so mine !


It rang up the same at the register, so it really is mine ! Wow. So far, I’ve paid $4. for the Belle doll ( if you don’t count shipping), $2. for a thrift store doll in Tiana’s gown, and $1.50 for Cinderella’s nightgown - $7.50 for a $60. doll and two $20. outfits ! Darn, I’m good. Beloved Hubby said it was my karmic reward for sharing cake with M & DIL, and being nice in the face of their antics, but I think it may just be, meant to be.


My poor doll, though. Between Tiana’s gown and Cinderella’s nightwear, Belle’s gonna look as though she creeps through castles when no one’s looking and snatches unattended clothing. This could have been avoided if just one Enchanted Object sewed, but noo-ooo…


1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, too bad there's no enchanted sewing machine at Belle's castle! What a score that pajama outfit is, though! For just $1.50, they're practically giving it to you!

    ReplyDelete