Monday, February 17, 2014

This Monday, much like Sunday...

Current Notes: You know, don't you, how much I want this shirt...




Happy Presidents’ 
Day !


Today I got to work on a project I’d planned to do yesterday, but after visiting a rather bored neighbor – who kindly gave me as many single-serve oatmeal cups as I could carry away ! – and chatting with her all afternoon, I was tired and hungry and ended up just kind of sitting around until it was time to make dinner. Never even started it. Ah, well. At least I got us fed !


While I’ve enjoyed adding all these new-to-me dolls to the collection, the point of ‘dolls need more space’ was breached before I bought  the first one, the dolls I already owned were crammed up as I unpacked them. I figured the easiest way to clear more space was to relocate my two shelves of books to the bedroom, and have an all-doll bookcase in the living room. Beloved Hubby was fine with that, and I claimed a barely-used two-shelf bookcase from the Study, freeing up more space in there, where it’s badly needed. Found space for all the stuff that’d been stuffed there, and then the hard part began – moving books ! I have a row of fairy tales/novels and a row of doll/sewing/animation reference, and both rows are heavy. I found m’self imagining the living room bookcase sighing in relief at only having to support a few dolls from now on !


In short (too late !), I got all the shuffling and moving done in about two hours, and all the cleaning and fiddling around in another. Everything is where I want it, there’s nothing left on the bed, and it didn’t cost a dime. I have the wealth of the world at my fingertips while lying in bed ! Such is the joy of the Empress…


 Little Cinderelsa supervised. She’s very patiently waiting her transformation from a new perch, instead of laid across my sewing Arena, together with the newly-dressed Snow White, plus Princess Dorrie and Prince Beloved. I think Rainbow Brite will be moving along shortly, I just don’t feel a ‘pull’ towards her at all. I mostly bought her because she used the same head and body molds of most of the rest of my long-gone LDP collection. Also second-guessing Baby Belle. She’s cute, and I finally got her bangs to lie down (after that clear elastic was on there for what, a year ?), but I doubt I’ll be doing much with her anytime soon. Not sure if I’ll get or even want another LDP, but I have space for one more if he/she ambushes me.



All this relocating means I get to keep both Timey Tells, and DP&M Belle (whenever she arrives, I suspect she’ll be late due to a real snowstorm this time !) will have her own space. My second Hi, Dottie has already found a home, so I’m glad that worked out. I even reassembled Dearest Son’s Frankie Stein bed – I traded mine, but Dearest gave me his when he got tired of it, and I boosted his allowance accordingly – and gave it a place of honor on top of the bookcase. May even put a doll in it later this week. For whatever reason, Dearest pulled out all the pink ‘screws’ that act as pegs to hold the included sheet down, I may glue in real screws later to replace them. Give it a nice ‘industrial’ look ! Heavens know we got enough tiny screws underfoot around here for me to have a selection in a week of sweeping and walkin’ around…

No comments:

Post a Comment