Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's ! Or, Day Before 50% Off Chocolate Day !

Current Notes: This month's mini-calendar image. Enjoy !





Well. Looks like I won’t be selling the Disney Princess and Me Tiana dress. I’ll need it… for my DP&M Belle doll ! My stipend check from last week’s product test arrived, and I found one online within my price range (read, dirt cheep !) and she’ll be on her way to me this weekend ! Her hair’s a mess, her earrings and tiara are missing, and I have no idea if her shoes are on or off under that ballgown, but for the price I paid, I’m not worried about it. From what I can tell, she only had costume-satin slippers anyway, and I can make those as soon as she gets here. I also have several tiaras she can wear, or a quick trip to Dollar Tree can get her outfitted (check the party favors section), and I don’t really need a certificate saying I’m a Disney Princess, too. I mean, when you’re the Universal Empress, those things are not as impressive as they could otherwise be. Plus, I have a printer.


To be honest, it didn’t matter to me which DP&M doll I got, long as I could afford her – so it was really lucky that it was one of the three I most wanted ! I got to see the Frozen ones at TRU yesterday, but…(shudder). Those looked even more weird than the fashion doll ones. Somebody needs to tell most of the doll manufacturers that there’s a huge difference between ‘wide eyed’ and ‘bug eyed’, and ‘startled verging on scared / recoiling’ isn’t the greatest expression for a doll to permanently have.


With the rest of the check – told you I was cheep ! – I bought our combined anniversary/ Valentine’s Day dinner (takeout gyros !) and a few snacks and treats from DTree between what was left and what was in Checking. Even got a little birthday gift for friend S., a sweet Webkins robin, fits in your hand, all soft and strokable and adorable. I told her the legend of the first robin of spring (make a wish on the first robin you see, if you finish before  he or she flies off, your wish will come true), and said this one would never fly away, so she could wish all year long ! Also, they were out of birthday pigeons. Those always sell out first…


Beloved Hubby gave me a lovely pink rose, and since I couldn’t find my favorite vase, I made one from a clean empty glass jar (suitably narrow, it used to hold minced garlic !), the glass star and oval stones I had left over from a project, and a scrap of red ribbon to cover the jar threading at the top. Much nicer than anything I saw at DTree.


Came home and baked the red velvet cake I’d intended to for the holiday, decided to use two 9-inch cake pans and give one to M & FIL, and keep the other. Baking is an entirely new project when your only oven isn’t much bigger than the microwave ! But buying a new-to-us full size oven from Craigslist is next on our ‘improvements’ list, so…



Hope your Valentines was extra sweet and very nice ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment