Monday, February 10, 2014

Barefoot Snow

Current Notes: Reminiscing over some truly bad doll sewing. Ah, the memories...




Today, I can tell you that the pizza crusts and sauce kits that Aldi’s sells are quite good ! Dearest Son really enjoyed making his own pizza, too. We got the thicker ones, but they cooked down nice and crispy. We were supposed to brush the crusts with olive oil, but we didn’t have any, so I massaged them with margarine instead. Came out pretty well ! They keep for a while – the set we bought at the first of the month didn’t expire until April – and even cut-into-chunks lunchmeat ham tastes good on them. It just took closer to 15 minutes for them to cook than 7 to 10. Next time we get them – and there will definitely be a next time ! – I hope to remember to cook the crusts for a good five minutes before I ladle on the sauce and toppings. It doesn’t say that in the cooking directions, but I think that’ll work better.


I can also tell you that Mirror, Mirror was better than I expected. Watched it Saturday, ironically just before I found Snow at the thrift. It’s a bit snarky in tone, which is probably why I like it. Dance-party ending was almost too happy, and a bit too modern for the story, and it came out of nowhere. Moulin Rouge started the anachronistic music early on, and you either went with it or didn’t, but this just sort of weirds out at the last five minutes. Still, the costumes were great – even if a lot of them for both Snow and Queen seemed to be crafted from the same bolt of yellow fabric – and the settings suitably dramatic.



Other than those two things, there isn’t much to share today from Chez Insanity. Fell asleep on the sofa before dinner, so I’ll probably be up later than usual. Hope to sew that Russian pattern I altered ! Wish me luck with it, wouldja ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment