Sunday, February 2, 2014

Please meet Jane Soon-To-Be-Luna !

Current Notes: The sloth's gotta go...




Well. Now I know why Beloved Hubby was so insistent on grocery shopping last night – we woke to three inches of snow on the ground this morning ! Oh, was it ever beautiful. The winds, for once, weren’t blowing, so the snow just kept falling gently, sweetly, gathering in the boughs and branches of still trees, filling in fences, making everyone’s lawn equal in pristine perfection. Greeted Hubby and Dearest Son with ‘Happy Snowed-In Day !’ when they woke up. Wish you could have seen Dearest fly to the front door to check things out.


Chez Insanity was so bright – that’s what woke me – but diffused from the plastic-covered windows. Ironically, Beloved and I each bought fluorescent light fixtures for our work-tables last night, and installed them, too. I can finally see what I’m sewing ! Don’t have to hunch over in the chair to find enough light to pick stitches out in anymore ! I was getting backaches – hopefully now I can sew comfortably again. Whoo-hoo !  


Luckily, even though no one was going anywhere today, we had a surplus of food and fun stuff to do. I deboxed Jane / Luna, and soon separated out what I’m keeping from what I hope to sell/trade, which is darn near all her stock. I’ll post a ‘before’ photo of what I’m keeping tomorrow.


As for the doll, her transformation to Luna will include removal of the blue dots under her eyes and the pink streaks in her hair. If that leaves empty holes, I have two colors picked out for a reroot over at Dollyhair. But first, she has a small spot under her left eyebrow that I’m gonna try to fix – wish me luck !


With the Luna transformation going on the back burner, I decided to finish a  yoked dress pattern redraft I’d started for another doll project, that of Cinderelsa. Should I call these ‘redollings’ ?  After spending about two hours and six tries to get a Finnish pattern to print at the right size last week, I wasn’t sure if a seam allowance was included. I read all the web pages it was on, several times, even the messages and responses – nothing was said. But if you take a quarter-inch allowance out of the front yoke, it darn near ceases to exist, so that gave me some idea. Redrawing it made me a bit dizzy, so had some raisins and grabbed a nap. My awareness melted like snow…



Awoke to pizza and a very happy Dearest – that’s his favorite meal – and a nice, relaxing evening. Hope your Superbowl Sunday was super, too ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment