Wednesday, February 5, 2014

the mad customizer strikes again...

Current Notes: Take this, Hasbro and Mattel ! Won't give me what I want ? 'Too expensive' you use as an excuse ? Ha ! I reject your business plan and substitute my own insanity, 
whadda think about that ? 




This is a bit less than what I’ve accomplished on the Jane-to-Luna transformation. All the pink streaks are gone, but I wanted to take a photo, in case someone else wondered what she looked like with just the top streaks still in place. It really is striking and pretty ! To be honest, when I held her at Target, I feared pulling out the pink would leave empty rooting holes, the pink hair looked so thick and full in the box. I even ordered replacement hair from Dollyhair.com Sunday…it shipped today !


The under-eye dots are all gone, too. I like how exotic they look, and if were to leave her as Jane, they'd have stayed as well. But it's just not 'Luna' (snicker. I typed 'Juna' by accident there), so they've been banished to...wherever banished paint goes. 


Found out I’m not the only one making a Jane into someone else ! John Pickles, an awesome Flickr friend of mine, is transforming his to a lovely Twilight Sparkle ! Like him, I was happy to learn that Jane’s hair is a nearly black-blue and a cobalt sort of blue blend. It’s fun to me to see it straight for Twilight, and flowing for Luna !



I confess, I wondered if Jane’s purplish skin color was blue enough for Luna, but in the end, I decided to go for it. Even if Jane looks better as Twilight, I’ll still have my Luna, what I wanted, and that makes me happy. And glad to see more talented folks than me have had similar ideas ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment