Monday, February 24, 2014

Now I really want some Chinese food...

Current Notes: Maybe a Twinkie, too...




Sorry, I’m gonna be a bit moody for probably a ridiculous reason today. (sigh) Yeah, I never knew him, but Heavens Above, I had such a crush on Harold Ramis. Many would think I had a crush on his Egon Spengler character in Ghostbusters, but I also loved him in Stripes, and could almost smell his writing style in Vacation, Caddyshack, and Back to School. Seemed like if there was an 80s comedy I loved, Mister Ramis was in the credits somewhere.


He died yesterday. Never got to meet him, always hoped he and Bill Murray would patch things up after their rift during Groundhog Day. Never heard another girl confess her obsession with him – in fact, the times I mentioned mine always earned me some strange looks, and 90% of the time, I’d have to follow through with an explanation of how they’d recognize him and what else he did. Then I’d get another weird look before someone wanted to discuss Tom Cruise or Tom Selleck again.


Ah, well. Some crushes are best enjoyed and/or suffered alone. I wish he’d gotten the credit he earned and hope he got the acclaim he was comfortable dealing with. Unlike my Star Wars fangirl years, I’m proud to say I spent a good part of my misspent youth – possibly the best part – obsessing over Harold Ramis. I have no regrets, other than I didn’t get to make an azz of myself in front of him over him. And maybe even that’s for the best.



Hope I see him on the other side, ya’ll. 

No comments:

Post a Comment