Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Thinking of calling her 'Ariel Rose'...

 Current Notes: Monster High furniture is just awesome with any doll that can sit on it !




Well, I didn’t sew last night. Did housework instead so I could be fresh and ready to sew today ! But first… I had a date to make cookies with our Dearest Son. They came out great, and vanished quickly. Even faster than the few leftover pizza slices from last night’s dinner !


I also gave my newest fashion-size doll, Ariel, a nice bath and warm shampoo. Her hair brushed out well, but still had a sort of odd, oily feel to it. It still feels heavy, but is a few shades lighter and looks better, so I’m happy. When I’m done with half the projects in the Arena, I’ll have to deconstruct her Sleeping Beauty dress to make it my own versions. I like that style, and have made it for larger dolls, several times. I think I may actually have the skills to make it in fashion-doll scales.


I really like this Ariel. She looks so sweet and innocent. I confess, I’ve missed my Disney Princess dolls, big and little, and it seems the thrift is doing its best to get them back to me… in various other forms, but hey, new and different is good. Especially when they tend to run under $2. !


When I sat down for a break, I noticed that Netflix sent me a message – they added Season 10 to Bridezillas and picked up Four Weddings, a show Dearest especially liked. I also had another Pinecone survey. When that pays out, the Slo Mo fund will be up to $15. !


Didn’t get to sew until just a while ago, tho. Cheated and used the selvage as the hem, I’m so lazy. Didn’t do me much good, it still pulls a bit at the hips, so I need to tweak it and try it again. I’ll post the photo tomorrow, promise !



Forgot to mention that the first version was the first time I used the new fluorescent light bar – and it’s perfect. Exactly the light I need, right where I need it. Well worth the $12. and five minute install. I hope to get a lot more use out of it in the coming weeks ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment