Friday, February 7, 2014

Big Friday

Current Notes: I merge images almost without thought now, but not too long ago, it would have taken over an hour for this...




Big day today – I got the two patterns I wanted and my Dollyhair.com order came in. Dearest Son had his own medical appointment today, and while we didn’t quite follow all the rules for them (he was only supposed to have gotten three to four hours of sleep last night), he still napped when he was asked to, and we should have results Wednesday or so. Here’s hoping. Last time he had an EEG, we had to call for the results, and all we got was a ‘can’t find ‘em, but if we haven’t called you by now, I doubt we found anything !’.


Since I now know that most American Girl patterns fit Timey and Co. with minor tweaks, I’ve been re-examining my pattern hoard (horde ? ;)  )  and looking for more. I’d hoped to stop by Hancock Fabrics for the two I wanted while they were on sale yesterday, but the Homeschool Group didn’t meet this week, it’s next Thursday. And there’s no Hancock’s in CurrentTown… but there is a Hobby Lobby. I don’t agree with their politics (‘nuff said), but buying 99c Simplicity patterns pretty much costs them money, so…


I snagged the one I most wanted, #1484, and the ‘same but different’ #1485. Where one had raglan sleeves, the other had set in – and I needed practice in both. And I’d have both of the other variations, too. Sure, it could be argued that I wasted a dollar, but I know me, and even if #1484 could be tweaked to do 90% of #1485’s clothes, I’d still want both if I could afford them. Even with our drastically reduced fortunes, we could afford two bucks. So, I’m happy.



My Dollyhair order came in as well. That, I kind of wish I could have cancelled. Not because I don’t like what I bought, but because now, I’m not sure what I’m gonna do with it. I don’t need to re-root or fill in any of Jane/Luna’s hair, and I rather like it the way it is. Unlike John Pickles’ awesome Twilight Sparkle – now complete ! – my Luna doesn’t have to look just like the ‘real’ one. It’s enough that she’s Luna in my head, and I can dress and create for her as ‘my’ Luna, even if I never get that forehead curl of hers on my doll. I got no complaints about the hair itself, it’s gorgeous, or the customer service, which is great. I still like the colors, although ‘Hematite’ was lighter than I thought, more silvery lavender than dark eggplant, but it’s still very beautiful. At least I went with the MLP hanks, which were pretty inexpensive, and shipping was very reasonable. I’m sure I’ll find something I’ll want different sooner or later.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dorrie, I bought a batch of American Girl size patterns on sale at Hancock's awhile back, is there anything special you're looking for? I did get one set that was just shoes, lol.

    ReplyDelete