Thursday, January 16, 2014

Until I can snag a Luna, I have a Rarity !

Current Notes: Now I wish I'd gone ahead and bought those curlers at DTree...





Look who arrived, in time for Dearest Son’s birthday ! This one is mine, and if you can believe it, Dearest’s Beanie Baby Rarity is even cuter. I’m thinking next time we hit Dollar Tree, I’ll buy some of those old-fashioned foam rollers to put a curl in her mane and tail. From what I can tell, all the longer-mane ponies ship with their locks in a clear elastic band, and it’s up to their new owners to style them. Really, of all the ones I’ve seen, only Pinkie Pie’s mane looks ‘right’ straight from the store.


Had a few errands to run, and saw members of the Patriot Guard Riders outside a local church on the way home. Had to explain why these motorcyclists were the good guys to Dearest – most of the bikers who live around us are super-noisy for no real reason, and he’s seen too many episodes of Knight Rider and Dukes of Hazzard  to think positively of them. A few minutes of research showed the family of a Master Sergeant (Retired) requested their presence as flag bearers. Pretty cool, I must say. Even Dearest was impressed, when he understood their mission. Only problem is, if anyone ever introduces himself as Fred Phelps to him, Dearest will probably kick him in the shins !


No comments:

Post a Comment