Friday, January 10, 2014

Rarity pretty much summed up a chunk of the day...luckily, it got better !

Current Notes: Wish I were this cute when I'm upset - I'm often ticked off ! 




Finally got to take Dearest Son to the Library today – along with a huge pile of books I’ve been renewing since last year ! I’d promised him we’d take five images of his choice on a USB drive to be color printed there. Much as I love my printer, when you’re collecting My Little Pony art, it’s just not as visually arresting in shades of grey.


FIL ambushed us in the driveway as we were pulling out – he wanted a ride to the grocery store in the exact opposite direction. I’ve asked him a dozen times to please let me know ahead of time when he needs a lift … the driveway demand crap royally ticks me off ! But I did it anyway, and the effer (say it out loud) not only tried to get in the front seat (where Dearest was already buckled in – how can you miss a 14-year-old ?), he then tossed the bag of Library books across the backseat, dislodging then stepping on several during the ride. Did he put them back the way I had ‘em before he got in ? I think you already know the answer to that one. While he didn’t want a ride back, I certainly wasn’t offering. I either need to be faster on the gas or learn to say ‘no’ when he pulls this crap. And to think I didn’t like him before I knew he was disrespectful to Library books…


But Dearest and I had a good time anyway – his chosen images printed beautifully, and we both got a couple new volumes to read. By the time we left, the cloud cover had been demolished by bright sunlight, and it was actually somewhat warm outside. Once home, I turned off the heat and opened the front door. Glorious.



Kind of a boring day otherwise. The pattern author liked yesterday’s photo, and advised me to redraw the seams and hems I need to…(sigh) Well, I guess she didn’t read where I’d already tried that and it was a big ole fail. Hey, at least she said she liked what I did with it ! I think I’ll go sew some more, since Beloved Hubby and Dearest are working on their own stuff, and my blog’s done for the day…

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you need to start *backing* into the driveway, so that when you're in the car and heading out, you won't see FIL come tearing out of the house in pursuit? (Ooops, we didn't see you... Too bad!)

    ReplyDelete