Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday fun with a few bucks.

Current Notes: I don't know why that one on the end shows up as navy blue - it's actually a nice purple that coordinates with the sheer flower print next to it ! 





Believe it or not, Dearest Son and I were back at Dollar Tree today ! Not sure why, it was Beloved Hubby’s idea, it wasn’t like we needed anything available only there. But it was nice to wander around for a while. I thought about picking up a package of the small felt sheets, but I didn’t like any of the colors. Got a few snacks and house needs, spent eight bucks total.


The things Beloved asked me to pick up – socks, soda, and acetaminophen – were available next door at Mal-wart. So we went there, too. Nothing at all new in the MH aisle, and even the MLP section was pretty bare. Not many toys on the Clearance shelves, either. I found an interesting red and black outlined diamonds print fat quarter and had a quarter-yard of pretty green-with-blue-cherry-blooms cotton cut for me. M-W may not have a huge selection, but a dollar for each quarter-yard is really good !


And a quick funny find – there was a Frozen section next to the usual Disney Princess one. And aside from a moose and a single guy doll, every other doll was of the ‘good girl’ Anna – not one single Princess Luna  Elsa could be found, at any age or any scale. All of ‘em, from Polly Pocket-size up were redhead Anna. Babies, Barbies, even the dress-up clothes and props, it was all of or pertaining to Anna. Did Elsa sell out, or was her stuff shortpacked ? Kind of ranks, I was toying with obtaining an Elsa, if I could find the one without the goofy expression some of ‘em have.


We also met one of our neighbors, one that FIL is currently feuding with. You know, the one that helped him for years with trips to the grocery store and doctor visits, and tried to tell him they cared enough about him to worry he was doing himself harm with all these prescription ODs… ? Yeah, she’s persona non grata to FIL now, which is a shame, as she really does care for him and MIL. But I can kind of understand being a bit resentful at an intervention the same day you spend most of in the ER from a seizure. Perhaps that was the best time to confront him with what he’s doing to himself, but she knew there may be a potential backlash – ‘cause I told her so.


I just wasn’t prepared to hear what FIL is saying about us on Facebook. It isn’t complementary. I guess FIL wants sympathy and attention by slandering me and his (working far too hard for their stupid choices) son, but he’s pretty much burned his last bridge with me. He can say whatever he wants about me, but when he’s accusing Beloved…. arrrrgh ! You can buy your own slarking groceries now, &^%+bucket ! Can find your own way there, too. If you think that little of a man who’s killing himself to save you from dealing with your own bad decisions, well, you don’t need him or his money, do you ? I am so beyond ticked…



I think I was right the first time. It’s best to just let it all go, and let them go too. Beloved says he already has, and he’s infinitely more calm and relaxed about their antics than I am. It’s not my nature to not care, and I hate feeling forced into behavior like this, but sometimes you have to bug out to save yourself. Ask my mother. 

1 comment:

  1. I think Elsa is just selling out. (I'm about 100% sure she's the more popular one!) I haven't seen a doll of her anywhere (not even the mini Polly Pocket style ones) since the film came out. IMO, Disney Store Elsa is the best likeness of her. The Mattel doll just looks wonky. JC Penney's has a Disney Store boutique on their site (maybe in some stores, too?), but they haven't even had Kristoff (the blonde male lead) in ages. :(

    Let me know if you want me to keep an eye out for Elsa, I'm constantly watching for new versions of her to make an appearance.

    ReplyDelete