Thursday, January 9, 2014

Good thing is, I'm out of red felt !

Current Notes: I still don't think I'm attaching that hood right,
but I like how it looks, so... good enough ! 




I had my petty little revenge today – I cleaned out Dearest Son’s closet ! That, as well as three other places, was still crammed with M & FIL’s clothes and random stuff, although I was promised months before it’d be moved out before we moved in. Truth be told, everything that’s been moved since we came here, I had to do it, or it’d still be here. Dearest’s clothes have been folded and stored in laundry baskets for months. Having to fold and basket his stuff again Tuesday kinda tipped me a bit, so I told MIL that Dearest’s room cleaning was happening today, and that included the closet. He got the path to the closet cleared – it took about an hour – and she had FIL move all their clothes to the Garpartment. I have no idea what she’s gonna do with all those evening gowns and business skirts since she barely gets dressed out of nightgowns anymore, but it’s not my concern. We barely had enough hangers to arrange his stuff, although he really doesn’t have that much. Hopefully soon, we’ll be able to shop for new clothes for him.


I also cleared the hallway ‘linen closet’ of random IL stuff, mostly by stuffing it in the small living room closet. With the exception of our winter jackets, everything in there belongs to the ILs – it’s their stuff’s last stand. I figure, I’ll give it a month or so, then announce I’m cleaning that out, too. (grin) Like most things that keep getting put off, it only took FIL about ten minutes to move everything out.


Got an e-mail from Hancock Fabrics, showing a really pretty fleece wrap. Went to Simplicity’s web site to examine the pattern, and, of course, ended up looking at doll patterns. Not much new – and what is new is all for American Girl dolls and clones – but there is one I hope to find on a dollar sale sometime. It’s #1713, unfortunately an AG doll pattern, but there’s one dress that looks a lot like Timey’s ! Well, the bodice does, if it’s one piece. It’s hard to tell, even with the front/back views, and I’d have to add a ruffle and sleeves, dump the collar, and alter the skirt from straight to gathered, but all that’s easy. I’ll keep my eyes open for Simplicity sales. Or, since I already made a ‘jumper’ part pattern, get off my backside and finish already ! (grin)


I already have Simplicity’s #2454, and it’s even in a 16-inch size. Only problem is, the dress and black vest are two separate parts. I’ve already dug it out (to make sure I had it (blush) ), so I may try it first. After all, I always wanted my version of that dress. If the vest is separate, long as it’s OK with me, what’s the problem ? May try it as the pattern directs first, then see if I can sew it the way Mattel did. If nothing else, it’ll keep me busy !


For now, though, I made good on my threat to sew Requiem’s cloak pattern again, this time in felt. Didn’t have enough blue left, or white, so I used the red I’d already cut into. I swear, I’m not trying to make a MH Riding Hood, Mattel already did that with Clawdeen ! It came out very well, especially since I didn’t have to hem it, and I used her original 1/8” seams. Takes some adjusting, but I can do it. I even already sewed the snap fastener in, something I normally put off ‘til later. But it looked pretty good, and I wanted to see it finished.



I’m thinking of getting that owl print felt sheet I saw at Hobby Lobby next…maybe try some embroidery, then attempt to sew the coat part of Requiem’s pattern…

No comments:

Post a Comment