Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sweet, sweet 90% off holiday candy . . . worth waiting for !

Current Notes: Just for fun, the box spine ! I like seeing how the
'eye lineup' changes from product to product. Compare and contrast with the 'eyes' from
the Tapefitti set. 




No one ever makes a cute plaque out of it, but it’s still true – it’s amazing how peaceful it is when you just don’t care anymore. I can be a lot more respectful and seem to still be involved when actually I’m as remote as a supernova. Letting go of people who can’t or won’t ever change, and knowing them for who they really are, instead of who they project, is something I’ve had to deal with before, but I was able to put distance between us then. I can’t this time, but I’m not picking up the snake, either.


Yeah, that’s an old story that my mind’s latched on to. A girl walking home in freezing weather encounters a half-dead snake. The snake tells her of his plight, and asks her to allow him to warm up inside her cloak. When she hesitates, the snake tells her he won’t ever hurt her, how could he when she’s saving his very life ! So she takes the reptile to her bosom, and not five minutes later, he strikes. As she falls to the ground, she reminds the serpent of his promise. He replies, ‘You knew I was a snake when you picked me up.’


Now that I know a snake’s a snake, no matter what’s said, it’s what’s been done and is likely to continue that matters, and the words are nowhere near the motivation they once were. Snake’s a snake, and I’ve been bitten enough to know not to pick them up anymore. Not worrying about snakes allows me to be a more relaxed, happier person – thus a better mom to Dearest Son, and so on. When the snakes in my life start to make their pleas, I just think ‘Snake !’, and let them fall.


Of course, that doesn’t solve the problem, but since it’s mostly Beloved Hubby’s, I’ll let him deal with it. I’ll be here for him, of course, but otherwise, I’ll let the actors deal with their own dramas, and enjoy quiet time in the green room. Yeah, I’m tired of snake references already.


Despite the pewter-grey skies and rain, paired with bitter cold and biting winds, it was a nice day. Dropped sna…I mean, FIL off to shop, he said he’d be an hour, at least. Spent ten minutes in Family Dollar – and snagged Russell Stover’s red velvet and caramel Santas for 5c each ! Yup, I bought ‘em out, and Dearest chose several large ‘chocolate flavored’ Palmers Santas for the week, for a dime each. He knows good chocolate, and will often choose a smaller bar of better candy, but sometimes massive amounts of the cheap stuff has its appeal, too.



Hopped straight into the shower…yeah, that was a bad idea. Less than 40 minutes after I dropped him off, my phone rang. I ended up picking FIL up with my hair in a towel. If I’d have waited ‘til he finished to shower, he’d have taken two hours, I’ve played that game before. Ah, well. At day’s end, I’m clean, I have 7 caramel and 9 red velvet candy bars, and know where to find Monster High Valentines with pencils. The cards themselves are identical to what I bought yesterday, so I’ll go back for them later. I can almost always scrape up $3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment