Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Somehow, I can't help but think Valentines will be frightful this year...

Current Notes: These may never be opened... they're not that special or anything,
I'm just not feeling very loving right now. 




I feel kind of sheepish about yesterday, such a ‘first world’ problem, but I don’t think I was wrong in getting angry over it. Especially after Beloved Hubby declared himself ‘ravenous’, and I opted to let my guys finish up the pizza I was too upset to eat. Don’t worry about me, though – I made myself a nice dinner and negotiated for what I wanted instead. Dearest Son and I went out for Chinese for lunch today ! I made sure to let FIL know we’d be gone for a while, because Beloved felt bad I didn’t get any pizza last night, he wanted me to have a nice lunch today. I really am an evil being…


We’re back to using the local Laundromat, since the drain behind the washer is flooding the Garpartment. It’ll cost about $40. to fix it, but Beloved hasn’t had the time. We were down to the last few mismatched socks and ‘rides up’ underwear, so it was off to the races for me. Since the dryer works fine, and adds some heat back there, all I needed to do was get it all washed, but I had to start early. Washing was fast – drying everything one load at a time at Chez Insanity takes forever, ‘cause we had a ton of dirty clothes.


Got change from the bank and was pulling out on my way to the ‘Mat when I realized I’d forgotten to bring the detergent. Well, shoot. I was halfway across town, too. Decided to duck into a Dollar General, pick up a small bottle and be on my way. Once inside, I was ambushed by two ‘blind bag’ My Little Pony figures, a bag of assorted hard candy, and a box of Monster High valentines. I barely remembered to get the detergent !


Or waft through the Aisle of Christmas Past. Various cards taped to shelves declared that the items were either 50% or 75% off, often for the same item. Since nothing was marked, and I already have a candy cane surplus, I managed to escape that aisle unscathed. The things I do to keep my guys in clean socks…


Had a nice philosophical discussion with the Laundromat caretaker – never met him before – so I actually enjoyed going. Once home, I gave Dearest first pick of the two blind bag ponies, he chose Classic and got pretty Cherry Pie, I got Neon Bright Mosely Orange, a handsome colt. According to the MLP wiki, he’s Applejack’s uncle ! Lunch was flat-out delicious, and I had four out of six loads of the laundry dry and sorted at 2pm. Whew ! Laundry’s tiring even with the machines doing all the hard work.


I did sew last night, but nothing special. I’d seen tutorials of plastic and cloth zipper bags, and decided to try making one from leftover plastic and fabric scraps I had sitting around. Used some thick plastic cut down from a failed embroidery project, and it came out OK, but I really didn’t have a plan for what to do with it if I actually got a good result. It ended up toting quarters to the Laundromat, but it’s nice to have. I may make more with the thinner plastic left over from an ancient school fundraiser, use them to replace the sandwich-style bags that hold belts and purses in my MH accessory box.


Just now, I found out that the whole reason we moved back here, so that F & MIL could dump all their responsibilities on us and watch TV for the rest of their retirement, has already been voided. Supposedly they gave us access to their funds to pay their bills, and they promised not to run up any more… guess what ? I have no idea how the other half of the mortgage is gonna get paid this month. I tried to warn Beloved, even before we moved here that this would happen, he doesn’t want to talk about it, didn’t want to last month or this month, or six months ago, and I’m tired. These are his (cough) parents, I’m letting him deal with it. Expect a lot of sewing this month…


No comments:

Post a Comment