Friday, January 3, 2014

I have a pattern drop now !

Current Notes: (sigh) Photos are always either too big or too small...




I have to admit, ya’ll, I’m going through some stuff. Again. So I’m rather distracted, but I’m really pushing myself to keep sewing. It seems to be helping. I think I lost some of me these past few months, and it was some of the best parts, so I’m going to find and reclaim them. Apologize ahead of time if I get weird !


Got to take Dearest Son to Dollar Tree, kind of on a spur of the moment. I needed a little fun, and Dearest has been super patient and so helpful, I wanted him to have a treat, too. Plus, we needed sandwich bags. So off we went.


Nearly all the holiday stuff is gone. Only candy canes remained – marked down further to 25c a box. I cleaned them out of Cherry – five boxes ! – and snagged two boxes of blueberry and one of regular peppermint. You might laugh at me buying so much, but FIL has gone through a whole box in less than a week by himself, and Dearest likes them, too. He just doesn’t eat more than one a day. I also got some kettle corn microwave popcorn, a treat I really have to be in the mood to eat, and those tiny bottles of nail art glitter pieces. I really have no interest in the contents, other than, ‘hey, shiny !’, but those bottles are perfect for doll-scale scenes. I’ve seen them at various DTrees for the past year and always meant to snag one. It was all by itself, so I grabbed it. Yaay ! Now to set up a neat Mad Science lab…


Got to sew today, but it was repairs and projects, instead of doll clothes. Had a split seam on my favorite pair of slipper socks, and a slight tear on a blouse. Both were fixed in five minutes. Then I started to clean up, plotting my next doll-scale atrocity, when I noticed I had several half-tested patterns piling up. Could use a box or something for them…oh, wait ! That odd margarine container that FIL burned the lid to – that’d be just about the right size and depth. And I could make a cover for it, so my Arena wasn’t providing Azure Headwear with free advertising. Almost any fabric would look better than dripping corn and bright yellow blueberry muffins. Could even weight it down with those decorative rocks I’ve had sitting around. Yeah….



And an hour later, that was done. If you’ve been reading this a while, you may remember one summer when I was obsessed with making milk crate cover / liners. Pretty much the same idea, on a smaller scale. This PDF tutorial shows how to do it, and even includes the formula to adjust the design to any size. Since this one was so small, I switched the dimensions – the ‘inside’ measurement became the ‘outside’ one, and, of course, vice versa. And I added elastic to the bottom hem, as the original container is wider at the top than the bottom. Told ya’ll it was an odd container. I was considering tossing it until about an hour ago ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment