Saturday, January 11, 2014

Fun with Dearest Son !

Current Notes: Even if I never use this new fabric on doll clothes - it's kind of a large print - I'll
enjoy looking at it for a long time. 




I ended up not sewing last night – simply wasn’t up to it. Instead, I cut out dress and vest B pattern pieces from Simplicity 2454 for Timey, Dotty, and Chatty. I went for the 16-inch ‘small’ size, but once I held the pieces to Timey, knew they were too small. So, I cut out the 18-inch AG size, and it looks like those will work. Maybe a bit big, but Hi, Dottie has a slightly larger torso, so I think it’ll be fine.


M & FIL got Dearest Son three TY Beanie Baby ponies – Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash – for his birthday, and I snuck RD out and got some measurements. Hopefully I’ll be able to 1) find a Rarity (his favorite) and 2) sew a few skirts and socks for them, just for fun. Heck, I want a Rarity to dress, too…


However, she was not to be found today. While Justice! might have had them before Christmas, they sure didn’t have her today. Hobby Lobby had five ponies… can you guess which one they didn’t have ? Ah, well. We had fun together anyway. He picked out the cupcakes he wants this year, and I made sure to snag the candles today, so I won’t forget. He scored a miniature pail and some felt for his pony videos, as well as a special spool of ribbon for his favorite vinyl Rarity. He likes to tie a bow around her right ear.


I got nearly a yard of galactic fabric from the remnant bin, some potpourri on a 90% off sale – the large plastic ‘diamonds’ in there were worth that ! – and a square pastel blue and purple swirled ‘tie dye’ felt that should make a gorgeous MH  coat. They had the owl felt I’d seen earlier, but the design was simply too big to be usable. Maybe for larger dolls, like Timey or maybe Elphie… I also snuck a peek at Simplicity #1713, and I think it’ll work for me and Timey. Just have to wait for it to go on sale. $17.95 is more than I’m willing to spend ! Especially when they go to 5 for $5. at Hancock Fabrics on the 16th. I’m hoping Hobby Lobby scoops them next week, though.


However, I may not need it at all if I can give #2454 to work first !


We also hit Dollar Tree – where we found plastic ‘trash’ bins nearly identical to the dark green Pentel one I got years ago, that was almost perfectly Barbie scale. DTree had blue and pale green, your choice of a ‘recycle’ or ‘trash’ logo on the front. I gave him first pick, he selected ‘green trash’, I got ‘blue recycle’. It may seem silly to buy another one when I still have the Pentel, but Ginger-kitty has knocked it over so many times, the lid no longer has functional hinges. Besides, Chez Insanity has two trash roll-carts… and as little as we toss out, we still manage to fill both of those suckers every week !



I also got a cute little 5-LED goose-neck lamp. It runs on three AAs, and is perfect for focusing light in a small spot, like when I’m hand-sewing snap fasteners. Or trying to pick out some bad stitching. Lest you think I neglect Beloved Hubby, he has two carpet squares waiting for him when he gets home from work. His new truck needs floor mats, and $2. is the right price ! If he doesn’t like them, they’ll make fine doll and pony flooring !

No comments:

Post a Comment