Sunday, January 12, 2014

Trashed opportunities...ick. Poor Honey !

Current Notes: Special Thanks to Dearest Son, for loaning me his trash can for today’s 
photo shoot. No dolls were harmed – or even dirtied – during the 
making of today’s image.




Another quiet Sunday – Beloved Hubby didn’t have to work, so we all slept ‘til we woke up, which is always a treat. I spent part of the morning cleaning scans of that Simplicity pattern I’m working with, and doing some minor alterations to the vest. I want it to open in the back instead of the front, and the back’s neckline is much higher, so I couldn’t just swap the pieces. Then I cleaned and adjusted it so it’s just black lines on white paper – saves a ton of ink that way – and printed them out. Cut out pieces from the same fabric I used for the pattern drop (butter container cover) and Fray-Checked them while watching MST3K shorts and MLP fan videos on YouTube. Since this is a test, I normally wouldn’t bother with the Fray-Check, but I learned from the pattern drop that the red is not a very stable material. Hoping to have time to sew tonight.


Got the grocery budget worked out for this week – it’s snug ‘cause I have to put some cash aside for Dearest Son’s party and a few bucks aside for end-of-week emergencies. But there was something I really, really wanted to do. Kind of a carryover from yesterday. Yes, the hunt for Beanie Baby Rarity was still on. I found two likely possibilities on eBay, a plus because I could use my last eBay Bucks and be done with ‘em.


First seller offered the three ponies Dearest wants for about $25. delivered. Second had Rarity only, $10. delivered. Well, shoot. I had a few dollars left in the Slo Mo fund and some in Checking, but not enough for the three-pony set. Perhaps I could squeeze a bit more out of the grocery budget ? Oh. Well then, never mind. The set of three was a pre-sale, not due to be delivered ‘til February. Bag that – I don’t do eBay pre-sales. But I could manage, with some creative juggling, to get both Dearest and me a Rarity ! Just have to make a quick deposit tomorrow morning, and they’re as good as ordered. Hope they arrive on time – but if not, I can always wrap up a copy of the auction page !


It’s the only birthday gift Dearest knows absolutely nothing about – I’m more excited about his surprise than I am about getting my own Rarity ! I was saving up for a second Equestria Girls Rarity doll (the budget one) so I could use her head on the Deluxe Rarity body, but that can wait. Now that the holidays are over – and nearly all of the surplus markdowns are already sold – she’s a lot easier to find, so I’ve got some time. 



And that’s it for my indulgences for January ! I’ve had new patterns, new fabric, MH Valentines, lots of markdown candy, and now Rarity…whew ! It’s almost like my birthday lately, and I don’t wanna get more spoiled than I already am. It may be too late for that, though…

No comments:

Post a Comment