Sunday, March 10, 2013

Winter, Spring... either way, I'm sewing !


Current Mood : Sleepy



Nice, quiet ‘spring forward’ Sunday today – after yesterday’s on-and-off thunderstorms, I was glad for cold but clear skies. Made pancakes for my fellas this morning, and crashed on the sofa. What a nice morning ! I was wondering if we’d somehow skipped winter this year, but today made up for it. Our neighbor’s daffodils – the extra-pretty ones with the orange ‘cups’ – are completely confused.


Was tired ‘cause I’d been up late with Beloved Hubby after work. Nothin’ really special, just the usual hangin’ out together, chatting randomly, sharing snacks and bad Netflix movies while he read and worked on AirSoft guns and I sewed. Made a super-simple tube dress again, this time with a toe-holed sock of his, mostly to sew thicker knits and experiment with over-large trim. I still have about two feet of that oversize copper-gold rick-rack, it’s probably 20 years old. I know I’ve had if for about five. Originally, the hem grazed just above the dolls’ ankles, but that length for it wasn’t good. So I chopped it and re-hemmed it, and when I was cleaning up, saved the hacked-off part to use as a headband. Much better, in my opinion !


Thing was, I couldn’t decide which doll could wear it. Cleo’d love the gold, but I couldn’t see her wearing it. Whisks of tiny gold rick-rack cascading from the shoulder, maybe. But this oversized strip, even with it’s kinda fashionable shoulder strap, no. Most of the other ghouls would look great with a silver streak, but not this gold one. In the end, I figured anti-fashion Olive wouldn’t care much one way or the other, so I tried it on her, and it looked great. Still need more experience with trims, this one really isn’t sewn very straight, but for now, I’m happy with it.



Now, when can I get back to Hancock’s…? 

No comments:

Post a Comment