Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hopefully, Deuce will never need a comb-over as the years go by...


Current Mood : Pleased



We’ve moved Beloved Hubby’s drawing class at the Library to today, as Tuesdays were just too hectic. And today went very well. We may also begin an evening class for a former student who went back to public school, but misses my guys and the class quite a bit.


I got to take Dearest Son to Dollar Tree afterwards, and we had a blast ! Found him three blank T-shirts, and another that’s too small to fit him – but is a near-perfect match for those Spectra shoes I painted a while back ! Once they’re all washed, I’m gonna sew up some goodies with that one ! I also had to smile when I saw bags of comics in the Book aisle, and fondly leafed through them without a thought of actually buying one – until I recognized Anabelle peeking out from a baggie. She’s the love interest of Eek , of Eek! the Cat fame, one of Beloved’s favorite cartoons. The only one they had. So I snagged it, and it’s hidden in his school valise. Can’t wait ‘til he finds it.


Once home, I was a bit bored, but didn’t wanna sew right away. So I repaired a torn house-blouse and redid my chair seat. The iron-on patches I affixed  last year gave way, so I covered the whole area with a strip of denim –  an old jeans scrap that was too thick for doll clothes. Unfortunately, it shifts, even with six safety pins holding it down, so I took it off, shook it out, and repositioned it. It’s embarrassing how long I’ve put that off. I’m hoping to keep this chair as long as possible. It’s perfectly comfortable (when the hole’s hidden) and I wanna make sure I got the $15. I spent for it four or five years ago  out of it ! (grin)


After that, I kinda wanted to sew, but wasn’t much into clothes-works. So when Dearest knocked over Frankie’s bed – he gave me his last month, I sold mine ! – I decided to shove it under the Arena so on one would trip over it anymore. But first…it really needed a dust cover. Basically just a drawstring bag, but it sits flat and doesn’t tip over. This way, it can be carried by the strings. Came out pretty well. Now I’m thinking of making a cover for the DracuLaura car he gave me at the same time…


This is what ranks – much as I like that Sweet 1600 car, I don’t use it much. But after seeing the Scaris special this weekend, I kinda want the Scaris car. Mostly because Ghoulia was driving it ! It’s a mild want, though, so I think I can beat it back unless I see it for less than five bucks at a yard sale or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment