Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Make it move, set this place underwater...


Current Mood : Bouncy



A word to the populace of Earth…if you insist on wearing soft pants that have words on the seat, you may wanna adjust ‘em every so often. What should be ‘TRIBE’ may be only ‘TRE’ to the people behind you in line if you’re not observant. A safer bet : not wearing clothes that invite people to read the ad gaffe on your butt. And snicker.


Now, back to more of my other worthless prattle. Today, I learned that MH is a tool of the Illuminati. Yes, someone wrote a serious paper about it. It’s over here, if you want a laugh. The author is amazed that a series about Frankenstein monsters, zombies, and mummies is also mired in ‘death’ symbolism, seen in the coffin lockers, coffin purses, iCoffins, and skulls everywhere, not to mention the One-Eye imagery often near a coffin. I confess, I was kinda surprised to see Frankie use the Sailor Moon eye-with-finger-V pose on a pillowcase, but it’s popular among girls, so why not ? At least, I hope it’s inspired by Sailor Moon and not Pulp Fiction


And today, we have Scaris Lagoona’s photoshoot. She’s often overlooked in this set, which is a shame, she’s just as gorgeous as Cleo ! Her hair is as soft and blonde as a Barbie’s, with the streaks looking far more natural than usual. It’s styled in a simple yet sophisticated demi-ponytail and fall, similar to Signature Frankie’s, but like nothing I’ve ever seen Lagoona in. Color-wise, it’s more pale than the sometimes ‘butter yellow’ she usually has. It’ll be an interesting contrast when the 13 Wishes Lagoona comes out – the hair on that prototype is almost highlighter yellow. Or, as I once said when a room-mate colored her hair and asked me what I thought, I blurted out, ‘Wow !’ because it was so bright. She took it as a compliment and started referring to it as ‘wow yellow’ – which I now wonder if someone on the MH design team ever saw her wearing. Same shade.


It’s fairly easy to remove the cute octopus ‘tiara’ that pulls her hair back and add some other accessory. But the octopus matches her necklace and the ones on her shoes – which also features a cute Asian-style octopus in relief on the heels. It’s always the details that sucker-punch me. Her freckles stand out so adorably, I kinda want to add some to Cleo’s face. Surprisingly, she’s not wearing earrings, and her ears aren’t pierced. Her purse is further shell and tentacle-imagery over blue bubbles, with her scarf – it’s full length, just doubled before getting tied to her purse – matching her Dance Class bodysuit perfectly, probably scraps of the same fabric, I haven’t checked yet. Like Cleo’s purse, it opens, but there’s not much space within.


Speaking of details, when I moved Cleo for Lagoona, I noticed that the gold braid near the hem of her dress goes all the way around. Wow. In a day where even a $8. Barbie outfit doesn’t even have the same fabric in back as out front, much less details like a simple row of braiding, it’s nice to see that the details still matter, and still survive, at Monster High

No comments:

Post a Comment