Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Didn't get to sew today, but I still had fun !


Current Mood : Relaxing in progress...



Well, it wasn’t quite the ‘me’ day I thought, but it was a nice one. Beloved Hubby was home unexpectedly, and Dearest Son wanted to overnight at his Grandparents’. Since that fit with Beloved’s study needs, we asked, and they were fine with it.


That's the new set I want, the one that bumped the TRU Scaris set out of my 'want' list. Isn't it adorable ? I love Ghoulia's Periodic Table dress, the flair on the lab coats, the lab equipment... Oh, heck. I'm just gonna say it. A good chunk of this set's appeal, for me at least,  is the box art. That maniacal glee on Cleo's face makes me smile every time I see it. I'd want it anyway, but that image just puts it right over the top. This, the Heath/Abbey set and the Bloodgood/Nightmare set, are about all I've seen that I really want. Of course, that's subject to change...(just like it did in 2010, 2011, 2012...)


Didn’t get any sewing done, but I played quite a bit ! DracuLaura’s newly Sharpie’d shoes were dry, and while I had the pens – regular and fine point, for detail work ! – out, I decided to tackle Rochelle’s Scaris beret. I’d bought one, when I saw how good someone else’s hat looked painted black, but when mine arrived, I found that I liked it as-is ! Luckily, I scored a second one when I bought her full outfit from a message board seller, and it got ‘painted’ today. Looks really nice ! I have it on Cleo for now, just in case. I mean, I think it’s dry, but at least it won’t mess up Cleo’s black hair if it isn’t !


It doesn’t really fit too well on ghouls who lack head-top ears. And it’s too small to be an actual beret. I’ve already made one for MH heads, it isn’t difficult to sew one up. I think I might again sometime. I’ve been wanting to make more hats for Clawd…and I have that video from My Froggy Stuff on how to make fedoras. Hmm….


Anyway, with Dearest gone, we’re gonna splurge on Chinese food and watch movies tonight. Hope your evening is as wild as mine ! (smile) 

No comments:

Post a Comment