Friday, March 8, 2013

I caved. And pinned.


Current Mood : Sleepy !



Today was busy – at least, mentally ! Dearest Son found a gorgeous aubergine die-cast Corvette model at the Flea Market, and it was marked down, so it was his. As for me, neither TRU nor the Flea was in a giving mood, so all I got was groceries and lunch. Shoot, Ginger-kitty did better than I did – she got her favorite Meow Mix again ! (grin) But I’m plotting another Hancock Fabrics trip soon, so it’s not like I needed anything. It was fun just to get out with my not-very-little-anymore guy and wander around for a couple hours.


I was surprised to learn that La-Di-Da dolls’ outfits are ten bucks ! Wow ! For a simple  dress, a basic accessory, and a pair of tiny shoes that look like they would make better earrings than doll-wear. Don’t play with those dolls on shag carpet, whatever you do ! They’ll be barefoot for life. See if I whine about the cost of MH fashion packs any time soon.


Of course, I’m rediscovering the joy of making my own, with help from Catrine and Toralei – who’d have thought it ? I’ve been digging through Deborah’s Pinterest so much, I went ahead and joined. And immediately started following her. Hey, girl ! Hope you don’t think I’m stalking you ! Got a Pinterest ? I’d love to follow you, too ! As soon as I learn how…but there’s so much to snag over there. I didn’t ‘get’ Pinterest at first – why not just bookmark all that stuff ? But it is fun to see what you’re clicking, and even more fun to dig through your friends’ pins – and even complete strangers’ pins, too ! Who knows what goodies your friends are unwittingly hiding on their bookmarks ? Now you can see !


I saw one pin that showed how to make a photographic light reflector, out of tin foil, cardboard, and a photo frame easel – you can find those at Mal-Wart for $2. I know because we use them to stand up our Tablets. Snips of craft fun foam act as point-of-contact cushions. I was thinking of making one when I remembered I had some old scrapbook paper that was bright silver, and some that was gold. Would that work ?


Oh, yeah ! Now I just need another easel. Or, since I’m usually directly in front of whatever I’m shooting, can just attach the reflector to my shirt with a safety pin – yaaay, I’m now an easel !  While I was looking around, I also discovered why I’d been unable to find several of my favorite scrapbook sheets – I stored them backwards ! A while ago, I put all my small backdrops ( 8 ½ x 11” scrapbook papers) into cheep document protectors from Dollar Tree, and stored them in a binder. Unfortunately, when we moved my Arena, I lost a lot of space, including where the binder was stored. So I took out all the sheets – still in the protectors – and relocated them into a plastic magazine holder I already had, and put the larger ones (12 x 12”) beside them. Even easier to get to, and I could see them all.


Um, not quite. Seems I had most of the sheets in backwards, so the ‘brown’ side of the scale-correct brick wall showed when I flipped through, not the ‘brick’ side. That’s why you keep seeing that oversized one, the one behind the Dawn of the Dance Deuce. I couldn’t find the right one ! Sounds silly even to me, but I took a half hour to get it all sorted out right, and neatly arranged by ‘print’, ‘photo’, ‘vellum’, and ‘solid color’ so I could see it all. That won’t last, but at least now I know where my bricks, stripes, blues, and clouds are !


Meanwhile, Dearest had unpacked his new Corvette, and left various bits of plastic from that ordeal in the space between our desks. I was looking for a pin I dropped yesterday when I noticed one strip that looked interesting…and it’s now Catrine’s belt ! Only had to snip a bit of flash off, it even buckles in back via the slots. Even used my ‘new’ Shirt Reflector (patent pending) for the photo. Thanks, Pinterest ! 

1 comment:

  1. HI!!! Always a pleasure to add more friends to the Pinterest posse! lol

    LOVE Catrine's new belt! I still haven't deboxed mine...but I most likely will once I get my studio reorg done!

    ReplyDelete