Monday, March 11, 2013

Buy ALL the colors !


Current Mood : Colorfully happy ! 



And the answer to yesterday’s question is – Today ! The sale was still on and everything. I’d planned on picking up four cuts, but as there were only five colors besides the three I already had, I did the right thing, and got quarter yards of all five. It’s awesome when you can get five cuts of fabric for less than the original price of one yard ! Aren’t they gorgeous ? The same awesome lady cut them this time as last, and we had a fun chat about doll clothes. Another customer, Debbie, joined in, and I learned about her and her sister’s kids’ boutique in NeighboringTown. She makes gorgeous ruffly things.


In addition to the lame’ boucle, I wanted to look at vinyl, for some faux-leather skirts, but figured I’d already spent enough money and time at Hancock Fabrics for one day, so I skipped it. I think I have some vinyl somewhere around here, I should play with that first. Or, at least, find it ! Next visit, I have to bring one of the dolls dressed in that stuff, half the store wants to see what I sew now !


I also hit the grocery – cheese tasting day ! I got to try aged cheddar, port wine spread, an unfamiliar name-brand Swiss, a gouda with the same name, and a very spicy Buffalo wing cheddar. That one heated up my mouth…and kept on heating it, ten minutes after I ate it. I had to find a water fountain, even the sample crackers didn’t dull it. Delicious crackers, too, made of popcorn. I’d have bought some of those, but they were $4. for a three-ounce bag. Cherry-picked a couple specials – we’re set for pizza rolls for a while – and snagged a ‘Marked Down For Quick Sale’ bag of salad. With ham chunks, hard-boiled eggs, croutons, and cheese, I called it Supper ! Very tasty.


Once home, I found that my small purchase of Sweet 1600 DracuLaura and Scaris Rochelle pieces had arrived ! I now have the complete 1600 DLaura fluffy dress, Rochelle’s dress, and the shoes from both. Not much on the Scaris  overly-wrought (rot) iron design shoes, but I can always trade or play with them later. DLaura’s shoes have that ‘drip’ motif I hate, but I fixed that – with a Sharpie ! Now the whole sole is black, and I like it much better. Those side bows are sooo cute !  You’ll probably see them soon, when I make DLaura’s lame’ dress. I pretty much bought the pink just for her.


Tomorrow’s a ‘me’ day, too. Wheeee ! 

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Spain: I love the color of these fabrics. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete