Thursday, March 14, 2013

Shimmer Updated !


Current Mood : Tired



Not a lot of sewing today, but I did what I’d been meaning to – I wanted to try a simple ‘sleeve shrug’ with the new fabric, and I did ! The original measurement was seven inches long and three wide, but that made almost bear- like oversized sleeves. I took them in a quarter-inch, and they look much better. So, seven, seven and a quarter by two and three-quarters inches should do it. Much more narrow, and it’ll be hard to turn right side out, even with the stretch factor. To make one, all I do is hem the short edges, hem the top and bottom three quarters of an inch from either side of the center , then flip it right-sides together and sew the side seams up to the neck and waist hems. Turn it right side out, and poof ! Sleeve shrug.


In retrospect, I probably should have made it out of pink or even silver, so it’d stand out, but I’m sure other dolls will wear the individual pieces eventually. Besides, with the long length of these quarter-yards, I have plenty to experiment with, anytime ! Only problem is, I saw this exact same material in an e-mail Hancock Fabrics ad, in all the colors – and also white ! Our store didn’t have white…(pout)


Ah, well. Maybe someday later I’ll find it. Did a bit of shopping with Beloved Hubby and Dearest Son, reaffirmed that the local Goodwill has absolutely nothing of interest. As the evening wanes – and it gets closer to the hour I promised to do the dishes – I’m not sure what I’m gonna do. Maybe make another skirt, or even a simple blouse. Or just sleep. I’m pretty tired…

No comments:

Post a Comment