Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mazel tov, it’s a Gorgon ! And a Grail.


Current Mood : Squeeeeeeeeee ! 



Aside from a few new characters, I pretty much have what I want from Monster High. I never saw any of second-wave Dawn of the Dance dolls, but I probably would have beat m’self down from wanting snake-over Deuce, as I already had Signature. But it was kinda ‘the more you tell y’self you don’t want, the more you end up obsessing’ (see Catrine), and I’ve been obsessing about this dude for years. So, when Beloved Hubby offered to snag me something special, well I thought, ‘Why not Deuce ?’. Found a nice one fully dressed, with the rose – for some reason, that rose was important to me, and I don’t even particularly favor roses – and hit it. And here he is already ! Squeeee !


It’s funny. I had my choice of this one, with the rose but without sunglasses or iCoffin, or another with five days left, possibly cheaper, with the props but no rose. I mostly decided faster to me = better. The one I didn’t buy ? He closed today, for the exact same price I paid for mine, shipping and all. But I already had mine !


That was the big excitement for the day. I had a ‘me’ one, but most of what I did was prep rebate offers for the mail tomorrow and dispose of Airsoft and computer parts boxes so at least one of us could walk through the living room again. (grin) Couldn’t do that ‘til I got the rebates done ! When I got to the Dumpster, the maintenance guys were busily squeezing in three discarded mattresses and a busted brown sofa. Those Tetris Masters easily fit the big boxes in along the sides for me, they were so sweet.


Sunday, we noted that another Dumpster – this complex has at least four – was topped off by a huge fridge sporting a Marines logo sticker. Monday, it was off to the side. City of won’t pick up appliances except on Spring Cleaning days, which aren’t ‘til April, and I don’t know how they handle Dumpsters. House trash is arranged by when your polycan is emptied. Anyway, it was these two Tetris dudes who had to lift it off, and it was a big, ancient fridge, too. I think they either took it to the Transfer station or called that appliance recycler, as it’s gone now. But for some reason, it’s the third white fridge I’ve seen with a Marines sticker on it in ten years. Not that it was from this place, no some jerkoid who doesn’t live here dropped it off. I’m idly wondering if it’s the same fridge each time now…


Beloved Hubby called me on his way home with Dearest Son, they were gonna go out for a soda, did I want to come ? Yes ! Got dressed and walked the three blocks to meet them – and Beloved took the back way. (sigh) Ah, well. I’m sure the walk up and back was good for me, it felt good to be out in the sun and the breeze ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment