Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Can you believe it's almost April ?


Current Mood : Hopeful




Beloved Hubby’s class at the Library went well, and it was nice to socialize a bit. The corridor from the main entrance to the restrooms just off the Library proper was lined with boxes, nearly all labeled 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ. Most will be empty by month’s end. While we waited for the front desk to begin the day – to get the key to our reserved meeting room – I watched six people dig in the boxes, extract their forms and leave. How anyone can come to a Library and not dig in the shelves for a few minutes is a foreign concept to me.


However, I notice that since we got a Tablet with the Kindle app, I don’t feel the pull as strongly as I used to, either. Now that KindleBuffet.com is back up, and I’m downloading three to five free, if often short, books a week, my need to always have something new to read around me is well-sated. And I don’t have to worry about fines ! I bought my third book today, although I have over 130 on my Tablet. What can I say, I love me some freebies !


You won’t be surprised – I got the Ghoulfriends Forever volume of the ‘new’ MH series. It was even on sale for just $1.99 ! Since I doubt I’ll ever find a dead-tree version second-hand, I thought this would be a way to read it but not have it linger on our bookshelves if it was just too young for me. And it’s a lot cheaper ! I read the first two chapters when it first came out last year, and it actually reads pretty well, much better than the shallow ad-fest series Lisl Harrison barfed onto paper three years ago. Not that I’m bitter or anything…


Anyway, I’ll start reading it, soon as I’m done with The Frog Prince, Seven Patients, and Look For Me, so stay tuned ! There’s another MH book in the new series due out the first of April and another later this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment