Saturday, March 9, 2013

Good thing I wasn't in a tearing hurry for those buttons...


Current Mood : Slightly miffed. 



Got the buttons today – but I can’t quite recommend the sellers yet. They’re certainly tiny, and most are useable (more later), but they sent the ‘Bright Mix’ instead of the colors I requested. Double-checked the ad, and yes, it does say I can request the other colors pictured. Plus, I listed what I wanted on both the Etsy order form and my PayPal payment page, so it isn’t my fault they didn’t read either part of my order. I’ve contacted them with two options – I’ll keep the Bright Mix, and  if they can send what I requested, I’ll be glad to pay what I did for them, but if they can’t, I’ll send these back for a refund. No response, of course.


(grin) It’s also another of those ‘Pay $2. for shipping, get a standard-size recycled bill envelope with 70c postage on it’ deals. Three buttons got so smashed in transit – no cushioning, just a little packet wrapped in a single sheet of copy paper – they were stuck to the pouch and had to be poked off with a pencil. Most of the buttons are quite nice, if not the most useable colors, but about a fifth of them will have to have the holes re-drilled with a hot needle or something. Some still have flash from the mold on them.


We’ll see what they do with my color problem before I review further, or put their name out. I can’t use them until they tell me what’s going on, so for now, they’re just sitting around. Glad I got the Barbie ones to play with for now.


Got to sew a bit, and on a whim, decided to merge the other two colors of lame’ boucle knit for Lagoona’ s new blue and silver dress ! Now I really want the other colors, so I can go all out blending ! And wouldn’t Cleo look gorgeous in a gold one ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment