Monday, March 18, 2013

What the heck...


Current Mood : Thrilled !



I’ve been a bad girl. So baaaaad. I’d decided, especially after we got Catrine de Mew, that I’d give the TRU-exclusive Scaris pair a pass. Even though I thought the Cleo was gorgeous and wanted Lagoona’s clothes and all the shoes, $30. with no sales shimmering on the horizon was a bit much, especially after Catrine. And getting Toralei again. And my ‘grail’ Dawn of the Dance Deuce. And Dance Class Howleen. And the Deluxe Fashion Packs. And…


(shakes head) Anyway. Figured I’d just snag the shoes and outfits alone off eBay. When demand was plentiful and demand was down, it’d be a lot cheaper, and give me fewer dolls to decide the dreaded keep/sell question over. Figured I’d start with the shoes, I really wanted the blue version of Lagoona’s School’s Out pink jellies. There’s a black version, too, but they’re seen so rarely, and were on such an odd doll (JCPenney’s exclusive DracuLaura and Sweet 1600 car), I doubt I’ll ever own them. But the blue ones, probably !


Only problem is, after I researched past and current prices for what I wanted, it was cheaper to just buy the set – again ! And in a stunning coincidence, the TRU website showed that mine local shop not only had the set in-stock, but they’d gladly do Store Pickup for me !


Now I was in a quandary. I mean, much as I love that Cleo doll and want to see Lagoona up close, what was I gonna…oh, look, there’s my ATM card. Still has money on it. About thirty-two bucks, imagine that. And we had plans to go out today, too… Don't even need to mention that the Heath/Abbey set won't be out 'til August...


Long story short (too late !), that’s definitely a ‘Mine !’ photo up there. I am in love. Both ghouls are flat-out gorgeous, and there’s not a flaw on them. Actually, I took a peek at the six others on the shelf while we were there, so I can say this is one of the best-produced sets I’ve ever seen. Not one had eye-wonk or paint smears or any box-visible QC issues. Every last one was perfect, and the only ‘flaw’ I saw was that the feathers on some of Cleo’s dresses faced up, like a ‘V’, when they really should have been facing down. But on a print as busy as this, only a twerp like me would notice. Actually, I noticed when a well-known ‘paste every site with my photos’ fan showed his/her shots of the set, and those feathers faced up. I knew instantly which I wanted.


I think each ghoul deserves her own photo shoot, so tomorrow, you get Cleo. If you count her earrings separately, she comes with nine pieces of jewelry ! And Lagoona’s outfit is actually two pieces – an aqua shift dress and a sheer over-blouse. Add in the four pairs of shoes, two shopping bags, purses, scarves, ‘photo’-cards, shopping bags, and Lagoona’s jewelry, and you get a lot in this set ! Well worth the $30. MSRP if you ask me ! No regrets – I’m glad I got it all.


I also got to make a quick stop at the Hancock Fabrics shop, to show off the doll clothes I made with the boucle lame’ knit I got there. K., the nice lady who cut and sold it to me asked to see them next time I was in the area, and today was it. I was lucky – she’s leaving to be with her daughter who’s having a baby tomorrow. Wished her a happy trip, and her daughter a happy, safe, healthy delivery. K. is very nice, and loved seeing the shiny dresses, and praised them to the stars. I think I needed that.


Well, time to debox. Hope your Monday was a fun day, too ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment