Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Boogie nights ! Ain't no doubt, we are here to par-tay....


Current Mood : In motion...



Another restful day – we really didn’t do much. I hit all my usual websites and prowled around, took a nice photo of Scaris Cleo (I’m slowly starting to think she’s the most beautiful Cleo ever !), the usual nice, quiet day. Got a little bored as night rolled into the later hours, and I started just poking around YouTube randomly. Wasn’t in much of a mood to sew, even my beloved 80s music and George Carlin recordings just weren’t reaching me. Ended up looking for swing music, an older, rarely researched passion of mine.


That, of course, led to swing dancing videos, and my, how swing has changed ! If you think it’s all still 40s jitterbug to jazz, watch this or this ! The second link in particular shows how it may have gotten a bit hotter and sexier, but it’s less skin showing than the average classical Tango competition. And I rather like the modern music, too. It’s a lot more likely you’d see this at a club, not ‘String of Pearls’. Still, at its base, it’s innocent and fun, and the dancers are not only actually dancing with each other, the guy is doing far more than just piloting the girl around ! He is fully as expressive as she is, and that got me thinking. I think that’s what’s been a bit off with me lately.


Nothing’s really wrong, but I’ve known I’m not quite in balance lately. I thought it was because I hadn’t been sewing much, but I’ve cleared away some new hurdles and even received some praise, so I knew that wasn’t it, but didn’t know what ‘it’ was. I think now I do. I haven’t been expressing myself physically lately, not for a long time. Not that I’ve been over-physical in any part of my life, but I don’t dance around like I used to, and I don’t skate anymore. Part of it is winter and a small apartment, part of it is fear. When you down as many pills as I do every day, it’s hard to not worry about your health perhaps a bit overmuch. But I’ve even neglected Wii Fit for a long time, and love or hate yoga, it is an expression – and I haven’t been forming mine in  months. I can’t remember the last time I danced around the kitchen like nothing mattered. Now that the weather’s getting nice and outside is opening up, I need that expression again.


There. I feel better. Now then – isn’t Cleo gorgeous ? Wow. Her hair's a bit cattywumpus in the back, but I can even that out later. Otherwise, she's just...wow. If this is what Mattel can do, I'm kind of sad they haven't been, even with Barbie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment