Thursday, March 21, 2013

Happy Spring !


Current Mood : Sniffly. Hay fever. Happy first day of Spring ! 



I’m already a bit sad to see Spring Break end so soon. Rarely have so few gotten so much sleep ! And I’ve really enjoyed having the Scaris ghouls. Here’s what her dress looks like separated – I love the added versatility that brings. It’s just telling to me that I usually make my things baggy, to avoid that pull and hollow at the crotch, but I guess Mattel really likes it. Both Cleo and Lagoona’s dresses fit the same way.


Dearest Son got to visit his grandparents today, so we went ahead and got the next month’s groceries at the Aldi’s nearby. We spent $103., which included a special treat for me (more later). Now that Beloved Hubby’s mostly given up soda – I’m making Kool-Aid and tea by the gallons, and keeping the water jug filled is a nearly full-time job – our food budget’s much cheaper, and we get more. Took me twenty minutes to get it all put away, because I had to redo the shelves in the freezer, fridge, and ‘pantry’ so it’d all fit.


The water jug is kind of a joke. When we first moved here, we got take-out fried chicken from a local restaurant, and a gallon of tea. We quickly enjoyed that meal – and the leftovers – but too soon, it was bones and a plastic jug. I could use the jug ! Since  we were still moving stuff, I refilled it with water and stored it in the then-empty fridge. For various reasons, the tap water here just tastes better once it’s chilled overnight. Here’s the funny part – we’re still using the same plastic jug. And it gets emptied and refilled nearly every night. Even Beloved’s drinking water more often. That makes me happy.


Not a lot else going on – oh ! Forgot to tell you what I got special at Aldi’s ! Believe this or not, it isn’t a vat of potato chips, or a wondrous chocolate Easter feast. It’s not even an MH doll, or even a Barbie. Show ya tomorrow ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment