Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Shimmer...now in separates !


Current Mood : Satisfied and sleepy. 



After yesterday’s full slate of relaxation, I was ready to sew ! Too bad I slept late and we didn’t end up getting Dearest Son until much later than we’d planned. Stopped off at Mcd’s for a late lunch, and I now own an orange wind-up HexBug, a dollar-store version of the robotic ‘make your own’ toy line from Innovation First. I thought they were Mattel toys, since the ‘girl toy’ was from the new Barbie movie, but it turns out, the two companies are unrelated. I’m probably gonna use my new part-time cat toy in a ‘Robot Lab’ photo with Ghoulia soon.


Evidently, neither of my guys slept last night – I knew Beloved Hubby was up late with Netflix – as they both crashed after lunch. Sewing time ! I’ve been playing around with all that new fabric I got Monday, draping it and folding it everywhere, and wondering what I can do with it. It makes great simple tube dresses, that I knew. But what about smaller separates ? I used cutaway scraps from earlier efforts and soon had a tube of crinkly silver lame, cut using the top part of that Tarja tube dress pattern. Too bad I cut it with the stretch going up and down, instead of across. So it was too tight to fit. Luckily, there was just enough to try again, and it did ! Long enough to go over or under pants or skirts, too. I was pleased. And glad I Fray-checked all the edges.


I wanted a classic black skirt, sooner or later. So why not today ? I cut the Mini Skirt shape from NG Creations’ first MH pattern set – simple, one piece, minimal sewing. Piece #7, if you have it. Just what I wanted, although it was a bit more flared than I really wanted. You may have noticed I tend to favor straight skirts unless I’m going for fluffy. (grin) Turned out, the flare, cut with the stretch going horizontal on it, meant it could fit under or over a blouse, so that turned out well, too.


Since it was pretty much made for DracuLaura, I didn’t have to futz much about who was gonna wear it. I had a choice – Gloom Beach, or Signature ? Since the Signature ghouls have been in Fearleader outfits for nearly a year already, I figured I’d start with Lagoona, and redress all my Sigs. And there’s DracuLaura ! She’s wearing the shoes I Sharpie’d yesterday.


Hmm…what’s next with this fabulous fabric…? 

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Spain: I really like this skirt in black. This doll is very elegant. Great creation. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete