Monday, August 19, 2013

You can always tell when the Headless Headmistress is shopping nearby... darn Nightmare photobombing !


Current Notes : Was playin' 'Subset', a silly game where I try to find as many dolls with the same characteristic as possible, and figured I'd take a photo with one. See what they share ? 




Today’s been a ‘get it done’ day – every time I passed something and thought, ‘I need to do this’, I did it. Lots of tiny little jobs are finished, and the place seems a bit less chaotic, just because I finally did a buncha one-minute tasks.


One task was to bag up all those magazines I pulled to donate, because the big ongoing donation bag’s too full for them all. And I started to wonder…if Barbie Bazaar  was still publishing, would they cover MH at all ? My guess is probably not. The publishers made it clear they were only into the collectable, big-ticket dolls, not anything that reeked of playline. Sure, there were occasional playline articles, but it was often about shanghaiing their clothes for Silkstones, or what’s been shoehorned into a big dress that’s coming out for the holidays. Mostly, they didn’t want to deal with anything that smacked of toys unless it was vintage and again, worth big money.


I then wondered if the other magazines, like Haute Doll or Fashion Doll Quarterly would come down off their collector towers either. Again, I don’t believe so. These are the same editors that pretty much ignored Tonner’s highly original (for the time) Wizard of Oz series to cover more ‘limited edition’ Tyler Wentworth dolls. It’s easy to believe that no one involved with either storied publication has never set foot inside a TRU or Mal-Wart. Ah, well. Less cash for glossy magazine PR photo reproductions, more for my lowbrow dolls !


Scanned Scarah’s box so I could cut it up and get it out of the way – while the Arena’s no more cluttered than it usually is, the living room is getting a bit crowded. We got new dining area chairs from an unusual source, and we haven’t yet decided where our old ones are going. For now, they’re shoved into the living room, doing double duty as play surfaces and dining trays, so they’re usually in the way. It’s a pain, but I can’t complain because I love our new chairs. They used to belong to Taco Bell ! The one in which we were dining just received replacements for the high cafĂ© table stools, and the manager kindly asked if we wanted the ‘old’ ones before other employees hurfed ‘em into the Dumpster. They’re still in great shape, and are well broken in already ! Much more attractive and comfortable than the ones our dining area table came with.



I also re-oriented my still-new-to-me printer. Since the day after I installed it, Ginger-kitty and I have fought over it. She wants to sit on it, sleep on it, and scratch into it, and she’s printed more pages by accident than I have on purpose. I’ve tried to figure out how to block the buttons from her paws, and how to shield various intakes from her fur and dander, to no avail. So, I figured if I just rotated it 90 degrees, if she still jumped on it, at least she wouldn’t hit the ‘copy’ button every day or three. It’s still easy to scan things, but I’ll have to clear a bit of Arena to add paper, worth it if it gives Ginger and me less opportunity to get mad at each other. So far, so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment