Sunday, August 18, 2013

I think all the 'bug' CAMs want those sunglasses, bad !

Current Notes : Here's Scarah !




I can cross ‘knockoff Oxy-10’ off the shopping list – despite its expiry date of ‘06/10’, the old stuff’s working pretty darn well ! I made a stupid decision a couple years ago to ‘touch up’ Physical Deaducation Ghoulia’s lips with a red Sharpie at each corner, in hopes of giving her more of a smile. It looked great for about a month, then the ink started to spread and sort of glow, and I’ve barely looked at her since. Even added her to the ‘sale’ box for a while, before I had second (third ? fifth ?) thoughts.


Decided to try the ole ‘oxy-10’ trick, see if I could save her. Basically, you apply cheap acne meds to a soft vinyl doll’s face, where the ink is, and it’s considered beneficial to have her under light, natural or bulb-sourced, until it dries. The acne goop pulls the ink to the surface, and when it’s dry, it can be rinsed or scraped off, and applied again until the ink fades. This treatment was popular among Barbie fans back in the day, when it was also used to eliminate green ear on occasion. As many swear at it as by it, but I figured saving a doll with a mere a $2. investment and minimal effort was worth a shot – and that was probably in 2007 or so. For the same bottle to still work in 2013 is pretty amazing. I’ve even heard of dolls with oxy-10 on them lost to a closet or abandoned, but when the stuff was washed away, the stain was gone with it. So I had hopes.


It’s faded quite a bit in less than a week, and I have hopes that by month’s end, Ghoulia will be back to her old ways and means. I’m only applying it once a day, and parking her on top of a sewing machine, where the sunlight and lamp bulb can help. Not a lot of effort, but I’ve already been rewarded, so here’s to treatment !


Wish I was having similar luck recreating the Etsy dress. I now have no idea how I got it right the first time, ‘cause nearly all my efforts since then have been dismal failures. Later tonight, I’m gonna dig like heck in hopes of finding the original pattern, since that may be where the magic resides – and why I haven’t had any success recapturing it with just slightly off the mark copies. In case that doesn’t work, I’ve altered the pattern.



What can I say, I want that dress ! And I don’t have more fun cash to spend right now. Luckily, I have tons of paper and fabric ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment