Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday is a classic 'bounce' day.

Current Notes : Well. Off to something else. Wish me and the ghouls and guys luck ! 




Here’s what I stitched up yesterday – I took today off and didn’t sew anything at all. Worked on the jumpsuit pattern a bit, using images from Barbie patterns and online ones I found, and hope to have something to fail miserably with by Wednesday. After that, it’ll only get better !


Had a mini-‘me’ day unexpectedly when Beloved Hubby and Dearest Son went out for a bit to run errands, and again, about all I did with it was make a huge breakfast plate of grits with ham and eggs, then crash for an hour right after eating it. I’d barely finished cleaning up the Arena and was still cleaning out the fridge when they got back. Decided on Chicken and Dumplings with cornbread for supper, and got the prep work for that done. Kind of a boring day.


I think I’ve been sewing so much to avoid that, but I had to stop eventually. I mean, I can only use so many oversized column-like doll outfits. Still, I’m proud of what I made, and glad I got the experience on narrow hems. Mine still aren’t great, but if I can get thread and fabric to match up well enough so that the stitches barely show, mine aren’t bad at all. I’ve thought about selling some of my recent efforts, but they just seem too…simple for that. I’m sure there’s a small market for the type of stuff I make, but I’m not as brave as most sellers – one mean-spirited criticism and I worry I won’t sew anymore. Or I’ll go the opposite route and show them, show them all ! Either way, it’s a bit obsessive, and it’s not really the time for it, with everything else going on. (sigh)



Ah, well. I’ll get some new project – like the jumpsuit ! – in my head and we’ll be off to the races again. I just need a down day to bounce on. Hope yours was great ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment