Saturday, August 10, 2013

Saturday, Sister Style !


Current Notes : Darts would help here. A lot. 




Y’know, I thought it was very smart of Mattel to re-release Signature versions of several of the very first MH dolls – Frankie, Clawdeen, and DracuLaura -  when I first heard about it. Why let speculators rake in the dough while they’re still new enough that Mattel can crank out more ? It seemed like a great source of goodwill for the fans who missed out back in 2010 (and 2011), but the True Believers who’d banked those first dolls unopened in the original ‘Trapper Keeper’ boxes would still have something special to brag about to newbies. Win-win, to me. I didn’t have a dog in the fight, so to speak. I barely have space for what I have and what I want, I’m certainly not ‘double stocking’ !


Now I wonder a bit. The ‘new’ versions don’t quite look like the ’10 ones. I can’t find the comparison photos I saw online a short while ago, but I remember thinking, ‘It’s nice of Mattel to offer, but I’m glad I got mine when I did !’. It was something about the eyes, I think they were actually bigger – something I normally favor ! – but this time, it just made the Clawdeen doll just look…vapid or even a little stare-scary. It could just be a trick of the light, or how MH dolls even in a current run rarely all look exactly alike, or simply eye decal / paint placement, but, what the heck. Anything that makes me glad to have what I have is a good thing ! If it helps garner a little fan goodwill, all to the best.


Sewed a bit today, and the latest adaptations to the pattern work. Figured I’d wait on the darts ‘til I get the rest done – shoulder seams, a neckline, whole ball of wax. Turns out that there’s a lot different between ‘sheath dress’ and ‘strapless jumpsuit’ beyond inseams. I’m not even sure how this is gonna work, but that’s never stopped me before and won’t now. Scanned the ‘final’ strapless jumpsuit pattern piece and then started taping cutout pieces of paper to it, in hopes that it’ll work as the jumpsuit I wanted in the first place. Even if it never does, I still have a strapless one and a sheath dress pattern that I didn’t have before, so it’s all good. Kept me from being jelly of all the dolls everyone else is buying, too – hard to be jealous when you’re busy creating something else you want. Would have been harder if I actually wanted any of those dolls, except for Scarah, I’ll admit...



Oh, and if you haven’t checked My Froggy Stuff lately on YouTube, you should ! She’s shared how to create shoes for ghouls – fancy heels ! – and guys – high tops ! – in the last week or so.  She also does a ton of other wicked cool stuff, mostly with glue and cereal boxes. If you’re not already amazed and subscribed, do y’self a favor and check out what she can show ya – here’s the link to the Cinderella-worthy ghouls’ shoes, right here

No comments:

Post a Comment