Saturday, August 3, 2013

Gotta love Mal-Wart fat quarters...

Current Notes : Yaay ! It fits Abigail, too ! 




Kind of a yawner day – finished some small projects for Beloved Hubby’s work team while he applied the last of the primer coat to the bleachers. We have a bit more sanding to do, then it’s ‘good paint’ and assembly, and I get to use them ! I’ll tell ya’ll, I had no idea these things would be this much work.


Shoot, making patterns wasn’t that much work ! Speaking of, I wondered if the sheath dress would fit Abigail as-is, or would need adjustments. So I grabbed some fresh fabric – which I love, it doesn’t show my stitching at all ! – and sewed it again, a bit longer than the last time, and a bit thinner at the side seams. Fits perfectly, in fact, I could probably go with the regular quarter-inch seams and it’d fit a bit better. It looked good hanging straight, looks great with a ribbon belt. I may bust out the Barbie fabric again and see if it works with Howleen next ! I’m getting better with my neckline and armhole hems, too…but I’m still glad when the thread blends into the fabric well enough so that they don’t show !


What’s funny on this one is that I got the closure backwards. Cut the wrong side short, realized what I did, and cut another one out and got the closure cut right …and sewed the wrong piece anyway. ‘Good’ piece was right there and I didn’t realize I had that first wrong one until after I hemmed the neckline and was starting to hem the armhole. So, on this one, the ‘rough’ Velcro ™ is on the left, soft on the right. Still closes and fits, and in my opinion, it looks really good on Abigail, so it’s all good. Hope I get it right next time !



The fun part’s gonna be altering it back into the jumpsuit / ‘lounging pajamas’ it started out as…

1 comment:

  1. You must be busy creating things! I really like this dress, The pattern on the fabric is also nice, and I like how it looks like a classic dress that you can dress up with belts jewels or even trims!

    Looking at your Abigail, she kind of resembles Deuce to me, It's subtle and others may not see it, but it looks like they in some way could be related! I love it!

    Hope things are going good for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete