Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Blue Skies Abigail !

Current Notes : Made a 'fail' into a 'cool' ! Much better summer activity than swatting 'flies' into 'walks' !




And today, I called a doll shirt into Existence. Mostly because I got tired of its raw, unsewn form being draped over everything and anything in the Arena, and picking it off the floor when it fell off everything, plus I wanted a small challenge. I’d originally cut it out for Heath, but made a small mistake. The ‘Fold’ mark had faded from the packaging-plastic pattern, and I put the ‘back’ part on the fabric fold instead of the ‘front’. If you’ve sewn much, it’s kind of an axiom that the back pieces are bigger, to allow fabric for the closure, and it’s important to have it oriented correctly so it’ll hang straight.  A shirt with a too-large front might fit, but it would look off, and pull awkwardly to the back.


And I couldn’t just sew it anyway as-is and hope for the best, I already had a t-shirt for the MH guys in that print. So, I figured, I’d do it up a bit like Lagoona’s new robe-dress, and fold over a small tuck it the front, raise the underarm and make the sleeves more narrow to fit Abigail Bloodgood. She still doesn’t have much casual wear – or really, anywhere near as many clothing choices as the rest of the ghouls – so it’d encourage me to work on a slacks pattern for her, too.   


Used the standard NG Creations boys’ pants, and didn’t change a thing. And the fit’s pretty good – pants are a bit too long, and the rise is a bit low, but otherwise, if I want to make Abigail or any other ‘adult body’ MH doll some pants, I already got a pattern ! Just have to remember to take about a half-inch off the hem. She looked so summery, I made her a head scarf out of the shirt scraps and a strip of elastic. Yaaay !


Hope I get to bring something else new into existence tomorrow !


No comments:

Post a Comment