Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Noodling around ( or maybe 'Needling around' ) on a rainy Tuesday...

Current Notes : Shoot. I sat down for a few to get this published and <yawn>...I'm falling asleep ! 




Rain. Rain all day. I’m sure the sun’s out there, I just never saw it today. Perfect snoozing weather, so perfect that if I was still for five minutes, I was dozing off. Fell asleep twice in my Arena chair, far from the most comfortable seating arrangement in Chez Insanity, but I did it anyway. The sofa was a sleep trap !


So I tried to stay busy. Scanned three of the doll magazines and added them to the ‘donate’ pile – but I kinda chickened out, those three were the ‘light’ ones, with single articles no longer than five pages. The rest have several articles, or eight-page studies. Ah, well. How do you eat an elephant ? One bite at a time. Since Ginger-kitty has slid on the to-be-scanned pile twice today, it won’t be long before I have it done, just so that that darn cat doesn’t destroy more of my Arena.


Wanted to sew, but not the Etsy dress or jumpsuit neckline trials again. I remembered how someone on the MH  board wanted a doll-size caftan, and figured that’d be easy. The few I’ve owned have basically been huge tent-dresses with billowy sleeves, not a lot of complicated sewing. More like a loose version of ‘doll clothes from a sock’ kind of sewing. Too bad I forgot that caftans, by definition, are flowing, light, and drapey and need that sort of fabric. Nope, for my dopey trials, I grabbed that blasted Barbie fabric again, which is stiff and not drapey at all, and had a nice, fun total fail. I also made the neckline much too big, which is why it’s folded all funky on Lagoona.


Not that I really mind, though. It was rather fun to just stitch along, and not care about what I ended up with. Not sure what I’m going to do with it. I’m actually kind of proud of it, and the sewing’s good enough to keep, but I can’t imagine any of my dolls actually wearing it ‘anywhere’. It sort of looks like a spa robe of some sort, and then again, sort of like a dress when worn with a good belt. I don’t know. Sometimes it’s enough to make something, get a photo, then let it go and move on to the next or previous project. That’s probably what’s gonna happen here.


I also wrestled with logging in to download the new TrueSizer software for embroidery designs sewing. Once I got that over with, the download was smoother than oiled silk. I used to have another freebie program for viewing designs, but the company either wanted to start selling it or stop providing support for it, so they let it die, and I went to TrueSizer. TSizer is now much more like that late, lamented software, so I’m happier with it. Should make my eventual return to embroidery a little less difficult and alien. One day soon…


We also made cookies this evening, but lest you be impressed, they were just the kind from a pouch that you add margarine and an egg to. Nothing special, but warm chocolate chip cookies are very nice to conclude the end of a rainy, sleepy Tuesday with !


No comments:

Post a Comment