Friday, August 9, 2013

Pretty in pink !

Current Notes : Yaaay ! Jumpsuit ! Easy directions to make your own pattern below ! 




Well, I finally have a jumpsuit pattern worth keeping, and I also have a small red spot on my forehead from smacking it over and over. I can’t believe I was such an idiot ! But, here’s how to make your own simple strapless jumpsuit pattern – take your favorite pants pattern and draw lines going up. Duh ! Why was I fussing around with endless crotch curve issues (which I’ve wrestled with before, numerous times ) when I had a great pants pattern I know worked, and all my ‘jumpsuit’ pattern was doing right now was adding a tube top to pants ? Or, more accurately, making a much higher-waisted pair of pants ? 


I just looked at how my last version worked out - #4 – and it looked familiar. Like the last time I tried to make my own pants pattern, and it had that weird fold-over crotch on them, too. I’d abandoned my version for a better one, namely the pants pattern I got in the $2. pattern set I purchased from Tarja, here. So, I did it again, and the resulting jumpsuit was about 20% cooler, and 200% better. She uses a tiny seam allowance, so I always have to remember to add another 1/8 inch or so. I did this time, but it was still just a bit too short at the ankles and top hem for the standard MH body. So, while it’s a bit too big for her, it went to Howleen, and she still manages to look adorable in it.


I’ve already changed the pattern where it needs it, and after the next trial, I’ll probably add darts, then go for adding a neckline and armholes after that. But right now, I’m happy. I finally have one to keep ! The one Howleen's wearing has Velcro (tm) and everything. 


Thing is, if I add a belt like Robecca’s Deluxe Fashion pack one, all dangly and detailed, it completely camouflages the weird parts on Trials #3 and #4. Improves the whole look, really. I may have to either go through my belt bag and select one to go with the sales box, or make one.



Otherwise, it was pretty much a lazy day – the big thunderstorm broke last night and I got to sleep amid gales of wind and rain. Might be weird, but I always sleep so well when it’s raining, provided my airways aren’t too tight. Slept like a brick, but I’m already sleepy…come on, rain ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment